• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Schefter: Tepper has hired a search firm to help find HC

Just because Dan Morgan worked with Fitterer, doesn’t mean he would be Fitterer again. 

I want a clean slate too, but for all we know, Morgan may end up being a good GM; here or elsewhere. 

“Internal support” is so vague. Could just be people trying to save their jobs. Could be people who saw Morgan making a lot of sense in team meetings. 

Someone mentioned this before, but if Morgan is the type to stand up to Tepper when needed…that’s a requirement if we are going to have any success. Impossible to say if that is true though. I’d be shocked if a strong GM is hired. 

59 minutes ago, beo said:

For those who don't want to click the X link to see the article:

CAROLINA PANTERS: Panthers owner David Tepper already has fired head coach Frank Reich and some of his assistant coaches. Many now expect that general manager Scott Fitterer will be next, according to league sources.

Tepper has retained a search firm to help him guide his franchise for the future. Should he fire Fitterer, Tepper then would have a clean slate to offer a prospective head coach and GM, though Panthers assistant GM Dan Morgan also has support within the organization, according to sources.

Whoever takes over, this team does have issues it must overcome. Carolina traded its 2024 first-round draft pick -- which became the No. 1 overall selection -- to the Chicago Bears last year to be able to draft Bryce Young, who has endured a difficult rookie season.

The Panthers are missing other offensive playmakers and have a shaky offensive line that they need to restore and rebuild. Tepper is ready and willing to spend, but there are major holes and concerns to address.

Wording is a lil different from the OP. "retained a search firm?" So it's the same one from last year that got us Frank Reich?

Maybe just the wording. You put Lawyers on ’retainer’ , maybe the same in this case. 

29 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

@rayzor

Can we start posting non-panthers threads yet in the main forum or is that after black Monday? Cause this is…

Sad.

I'd say create a thread for non-panthers news because once the season ends and GM news starts rolling and the HC starts up we're going to be inundated with panthers news.

Our season ending is going to be the beginning of what could be a busier off-season than last year.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I'd say create a thread for non-panthers news because once the season ends and GM news starts rolling and the HC starts up we're going to be inundated with panthers news.

Our season ending is going to be the beginning of what could be a busier off-season than last year.

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

I’ll wait for someone really feeling it to start the thread, gotta happen organically. Thank you for the main forum etiquette guidance. 

• Pie 2

Not good enough. Tepper needs help hiring someone to run the team. Everyone in his house needs to be purged and I don't care about their connection to the old Panthers either. The way Tepper has run the team is a problem and letting anything roll over is just leaving cancer to grow again.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, beo said:

Wording is a lil different from the OP. "retained a search firm?" So it's the same one from last year that got us Frank Reich?

I viewed it as one who retains a lawyer. You hire them and pay them up front to keep them around till all your issues are resolved.

Not the sense in that you're bringing one back you've used before. You're hiring someone that you can bring back.

• Pie 2

I have no idea about Morgan but I hope his time here hasn't catered his career. He was considered a real up and comer front office guy and a likely future GM before coming to Tepper's dumpster fire. The best thing for his future might be just getting as far the fug away from here as possible, sad as that is.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, BIGH2001 said:

I don’t want anyone who has “internal support” from a front office that has put together a 2-14 team and traded away all our draft capital in the process. Clean house and start over.

The scouts just want to keep their jobs.

• Pie 2