• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Per Schefter: Tepper has hired a search firm to help find HC

MH wasn't so bad when he came back as 2.0, Rhule deserves a 3rd year, Fitterer deserves a shot not under Rhule and Frank had an all star cast. The new one is Dan Morgan will save us?

Burn it all down and finally learn from past mistakes. I have seen his personnel choices and I am good thanks. He should have stayed with Bean longer or gone to another good team to keep learning. It stinks but if you are still thinking that this is an organization that brings the best out of people's potential then all I can say is where is that true? 

• Pie 6

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Depends on the role.

If it's unrelated to personnel, I don't really have a problem with that organizationally.

Now that said, the fact that he was involved in undermining the previous coach is a big deal. With that in mind, it's better that he be gone entirely.

If that's not going to happen though, then a non-personnel related role is the best option.

(that's what a lot of us used to hope Jerry Richardson would do with Marty Hurney since he was so determined to keep him)

The undermining the coach is why he has to go. He's just a Tepper pawn and the org doesn't need more people like that.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, BlackPanther22 said:

https://fxtwitter.com/josephperson/status/1743661991976108176?s=46

Schefter’s report confirmed by Joe Person. 

Tepper apparently used this same firm to hire the Charlotte FC coach and they’ve also helped the Rams, 49ers and Atlanta in recent years with their hires. He also confirms that Dan Morgan will be apart of the transition regardless of what happens with Fitterer (which reads to me like he’s gone). 

(Can somebody help me figure out how to embed tweets? They used to auto embed for me but they aren’t anymore)

This is very good news. It shows he’s trying a different approach, and that’s all you can ask for at this point. If the additional news of Fitterer being relieved of his duties come Monday, we might actually have something to look forward to this off-season.

• Pie 4

5 hours ago, BlackPanther22 said:

This should make some of you happy lol.

https://x.com/adamschefter/status/1743620955966971990?s=46

Other footnotes:

- Scott is likely gone

- Dan Morgan has internal support to replace Scott once he is fired. 

What person inside the organization has done their job well enough for their support of someone to mean jack poo. They all need to go. Every last person on the payroll stadium staff every fuging one. Except DB he can stay

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

Yall said that poo about Brandon Beane.

Ive asked him a bunch of times but never got a clear response but our boy Ellis says dan morgan reminds him of Beane.  Take that for what its worth

But to me, if Fitt is finally canned I say its probably best to clean house completely.  You might lose a few decent folks but I promise you will cut a bunch more shittier staff.  You build it completely from scratch as its painfully obvious our entire FO needs an overhaul

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 3

13 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive asked him a bunch of times but never got a clear response but our boy Ellis says dan morgan reminds him of Beane.  Take that for what its worth

But to me, if Fitt is finally canned I say its probably best to clean house completely.  You might lose a few decent folks but I promise you will cut a bunch more shittier staff.  You build it completely from scratch as its painfully obvious our entire FO needs an overhaul

That's another decision I don't want Tepper making.

Hire the GM. Let them decide who stays and who goes.

• Pie 3

4 hours ago, Wundrbread33 said:

but if Morgan is the type to stand up to Tepper when needed

Have you already forgotten the reports and posts from a few days ago that Tepper purged the team of anyone that would stand up to him? If those reports are true, that means Morgan is a yes man instead of the kind of guy to stand up to the boss.

• Flames 1

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reports “many now expect” Panthers GM Scott Fitterer will be fired.
The Panthers moved on from head coach Frank Reich earlier in the season. Canning Fitterer would offer the next regime a clean slate as they look to clean up the mess Fitterer made. Fitterer has been the team’s general manager since 2021. The Panthers have hardly found any starters via the draft during his tenure and have overpaid for poor quarterback play multiple times. The final nail in the coffin could be trading up for Bryce Young. The move cost Carolina 2024’s No. 1 overall pick and saddled them with a disastrous rookie season from the undersized quarterback. Per Schefter, Panthers assistant GM Dan Morgan could be the next man up as he has support within the organization.

6 hours ago, beo said:

Wording is a lil different from the OP. "retained a search firm?" So it's the same one from last year that got us Frank Reich?

Retained because it’s the same firm he used to hire the CLTFC coach