• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thomas Brown was unqualified

He had upside but needed a lot more meaningful experience. So they let him design a playbook and coach under a HC that should have retired already.

This is not a place where the best is brought out of people, it's the exact oppisite.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

The real tree to hire a coach from is Mike Shanahan and now by proxy Kyle Shanahan. Mike had a good coaching tree and so does his son because he prioritized growing coaches to become head coaches one day. The 2013 Redskins staff has 4 head coaches in the NFL right now. Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Matt Lafleur, and Mike McDaniel.

You know who was an assistant on that staff? Bobby Slowik. 

That graphic they put up last night was nuts, really makes you want to do a deep dive into Slowik

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, lightsout said:

Bieniemy was literally a rubbing back.

Adam Stenavich was an offensive lineman.

But point taken, most OCs played QB. 

I think he's done well, especially since Frank was fired

I have a feeling Caldwell has a lot more do with the offense since Frank was fired.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

The real tree to hire a coach from is Mike Shanahan and now by proxy Kyle Shanahan. Mike had a good coaching tree and so does his son because he prioritized growing coaches to become head coaches one day. The 2013 Redskins staff has 4 head coaches in the NFL right now. Kyle Shanahan, Sean McVay, Matt Lafleur, and Mike McDaniel.

You know who was an assistant on that staff? Bobby Slowik. 

O’Connell in Minny, Waldron in SEA, our own Thomas Brown. I’m probably missing more. 

Depends on how you look at it but McVay is still pretty in line philosophically with Shanahan in many respects. And both are still making the playoffs annually and contending.

He was a minority candidate who had shown some upside and was starting to generate buzz around the NFL.

I'm convinced Tepper went with 2 minority candidates at coordinator because he thought one, if not both, would do well enough tonget a HC job this cycle and earn some comp picks.