• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Breaking, Ian Rapoport: Fitterer Fired

6 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

2024 - bad football team with the right staff and a few players

2025 - OK team with an improving roster likely including a new QB

2026 - wild card maybe?

This is pretty much bang-on my projection as well. I sincerely doubt Bryce is our starter in 2025. I kindly doubt he finishes next season as our starter barring a miracle. 2025 will be when we start to turn things around, and we should be a wildcard contender by '26.

This, of course, assumes Tepper continues what appears to be a Scroogian turnaround in terms of his involvement in football decisions. Otherwise, just copy and paste 2023 over and over.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, BrianS said:

And it's not a weak one either.  While Reich was here, we averaged 15 points per game, with him gone we averaged 10.  Not saying Reich was the answer, but the staff just didn't have chemistry at all.

...and got shut out in back to back games.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

There's an argument to be made that the Thomas Brown hire is what doomed Frank Reich.

As much as I dislike the job Brown did, Reich did it to himself with his piss-poor attitude of doing what he wanted and not what was best for the team. 

This team did pretty much everything wrong and there is more than enough blame for everyone involved. 

Good. 

He was the worst GM we have ever had as an organization, and during his tenure here, he was the worst in the league. I was scared they were going to keep him around.  Glad Tepper got him outta here. 

Continue cleaning house, and listen to what the coaching firm has to say. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, 33inNC said:

As much as I dislike the job Brown did, Reich did it to himself with his piss-poor attitude of doing what he wanted and not what was best for the team. 

This team did pretty much everything wrong and there is more than enough blame for everyone involved. 

Brown was reported to have been a Tepper pick, and ultimately a poor one.

He wasn't ready to be an OC. His play designs were bad, his playcalling off, and there's speculation he was one of the people complaining behind Reich's back. And that's not even mentioning his wife's social media stunt.

If there's an MVP for this season's coaching dysfunction, it's probably Brown.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

One of if not the worst gm of all time.  Mrscott weeps

If he never gets another GM job, I think it would be safe to say his list of draft picks, trades and FA signings is top of the worst GM in history list.

So glad we are moving on and when you look at his 3 years of moves, it’s comical to think that he still had supporters this season because we LOL still hadn’t seen what he could do on his own.

I’m still upset that we didn’t toss him with Rhule and had a competent GM in place to review our trade offers and make the necessary moves to rebuild and get in range to get a top QB without a trade.

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Brown was reported to have been a Tepper pick, and ultimately a poor one.

He wasn't ready to be an OC. His play designs were bad, his playcalling off, and there's speculation he was one of the people complaining behind Reich's back. And that's not even mentioning his wife's social media stunt.

If there's an MVP for this season's coaching dysfunction, it's probably Brown.

Damn, you really can’t get off the wagons of the guys you thought were solid. Reich’s gone, he did a shitty job. Has Brown done better? Nope, but he’s not going to be here anymore either.

I haven’t read this whole thread but I really hope you didn’t post about how Fitterer never really got a shot either.

• Flames 1

16 minutes ago, Captroop said:

This is pretty much bang-on my projection as well. I sincerely doubt Bryce is our starter in 2025. I kindly doubt he finishes next season as our starter barring a miracle. 2025 will be when we start to turn things around, and we should be a wildcard contender by '26.

This, of course, assumes Tepper continues what appears to be a Scroogian turnaround in terms of his involvement in football decisions. Otherwise, just copy and paste 2023 over and over.

Until Tepper stops throwing his dumb ass into football operations, I have no hope for the future.

Just now, WhoKnows said:

Damn, you really can’t get off the wagons of the guys you thought were solid. Reich’s gone, he did a shitty job. Has Brown done better? Nope, but he’s not going to be here anymore either.

I haven’t read this whole thread but I really hope you didn’t post about how Fitterer never really got a shot either.

I'm not even bothering with you, dude 😄

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hiring a search firm is a positive thing and this is also a good sign. Let’s hope Tepper gets it right this time. 

Still think we need a legit team president. No knock to Kristi but she’s a money person in the end. 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not even bothering with you, dude 😄

Of course not, but you’re still in here talking about Brown’s offense getting shut out twice to defend Reich.

I will say yesterday was the flukiest shutout I’ve ever seen. One TD wiped away because of a fumble inches away, a missed FG after a terrible taking of a sack and another TD wiped out because TMJ lined up wrong. Heck TMJ’s awful blocking attempt likely kept Chuba from another long TD. WTF he even played is beyond me.

• Pie 2