• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DJ Moore’s 2 cents

CRA

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Argument the other way would be…to this date Moore has still never played with a very good passer.   

and the Panthers play style who leaned to the ground game. 

I mean, 89 who is our GOAT….in reality didn’t score a lot on per season basis.  He had 2 seasons scoring more than 7 TDs in a long 16 year career and one of those was just reaching 8. 

89 is probably the most underrated WR all time. If you look at how little he was targeted verses his contemporaries it’s not hard to imagine he would have broken records if he got to play with Manning, Warner, or Brady in his prime.

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, onmyown said:

I mean Moore really struggles to score and that imo takes him out of the #1 conversation. But a lot of people think there are 32 #1 WRs just because technically there are but I feel the standards should be higher.

You absolutely cannot have or call a WR a #1 if they cannot make something happen in the end zone imo.

If you take away one game vs. the god awful Commaders, he had 5 TDs all season. Theilen had 4 and a few hundred less yards. 

That said he still was still was not overpaid and is a solid offensive peice. It was stupid to trade him, unless we got Stroud.

Now the CMC trade and this franchise’s dumbass ability to use properly, along with the majority of the huddle saying he was just a running back that could be replaced by Foreman, and before that, Mike Davis (lol) was a millions times more baffeling.

Ehh I disagree. Julio Jones was a notoriously terrible TD and red zone guy yet he was not only a #1 but one of the best weapons in the league period and demanded a ton of defense’s attention. Moore is a low end #1, probably a top 15 WR.

18 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Smitty? Moore? 

One is great, one is good. I'll let y'all figure it out. And don't make excuses about passers, QBs, blah blah blah. That's what WR1s do: they produce on a consistent basis regardless. 

89 averaged 5 TDs per year in the NFL.  The point was merely TDs aren’t the end all be all for a WR. 

Moore and 89 played for teams that believed in running the football in when you got close.  Just running period. 

and even if you cherry pick out 89’s rookie year and the year broke his leg….he still just averaged 5 TDs per year in the NFL. 

DJ Moore is without question a #1.  He has finished top 11 in 4 out of his 6 years in yards.   One of those he didn’t was his rookie year.   If DJ Moore isn’t a #1 then in reality there are less than 10 in the NFL by that skewed framework

• Pie 1

People say he’s not a WR #1 because of fantasy football. Like there are only 10-12 WR 1’s in the league.  He’s clearly a top 15WR in this league. Not a distraction in the locker room and was at a fair value contract. Sucks he’s not here still. 

• Beer 2

39 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Smitty? Moore? 

One is great, one is good. I'll let y'all figure it out. And don't make excuses about passers, QBs, blah blah blah. That's what WR1s do: they produce on a consistent basis regardless. 

ice-t hater GIF

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mage said:

SOOOO many people on this site were adamant he wasn't a #1 WR lol

I dont know about 'SOOO" many, probably more like 1-2 vocal people.  Many people here, myself included were upset that we traded him. I actually dont even recall anyone saying he wasnt a #1 WR. 

22 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

Pride and ego. 

You know folks don’t like to be wrong lol

That one hurts either way. Four 1000+ yard seasons out of six in this dumpster fire but he isn't a #1 WR...

A WR doesn't have to be insta HOF material to be good. Trading up for a QB and getting rid of the only good WR was so incredibly dumb. I hated that trade when it happed and still find it mindboggling. That's not even brining up watching Burns walk lol

3 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Those people don't know football. Look at the QBs he was playing with. Hell people trash Fields and he had a career year with him at QB.

Moore is the real deal. If he had a Mahomes/Burrow throwing him the ball he would probably be the best WR in football.

He was constantly compared to Smitty and that’s not exactly fair

• Pie 1