• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If You Could Choose ANY Head Coach... Who?

Title speaks for itself. If the Panthers could have any head coach in the NFL (available or otherwise) who would be your choice?

Keep in mind everything else stays the same. Same roster, salary cap situation, ownership, draft picks, etc.

Who you taking?

Edited by Jay Roosevelt

Personally I'm going with Sean McVay. Great offensive mind who brings energy to the team and has shown the ability to win with various levels of talent.

He really impressed me with his coaching job this season. That Rams team had no business being as good as they were. I legitimately thought they'd be in the mix for a top-5 pick.

Depends on some things. Is Tepper the owner? JK but I want to know they aren’t burned out or ready to quit so we’ll assume it is 10 years. I don’t feel like some of the younger newer ones are proven yet so am not gonna pretend I know enough to speak to their future prospects. 

John Harbaugh, Tomlin have such high floors and that is what it’s about to me. I’d rather watch that year in year out even if there is no Superbowl, though both those guys have won that. I wouldn’t complain. 

Shanahan. Payton (sorry). McVay for offensive types.

I’d take McDermott. Ryans. Vrabel. Not sure about the younger newer offensive guys.

Steve Wilks, Belichick, Harbaugh, Evero, Callahan

i like the idea of a defensive coach who will bring in their offensive staff. I know Tepper wants a head coach to bring Bryce Along but that’s a lot to take on. Let the Head Coach be a Head Coach and bring his own guys in to manage the position groups. 

the head coach to mentor a single player aspect fails quite often. 

• Pie 1