• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So How Would You Grade The Trade Up Now??

Hoenheim

Grade the trade  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What grade?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • Incomplete

Since everyone has been consistently saying we got Fleeced by the Bears 

I prerfer you give it an actual grade but you can vote for incomplete 

I'm also kinda curious what you would have given it right after the trade happened vs after year one was done 

Screenshot_20240122_070342_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20240122_070439_Discord.jpg

Edited by Hoenheim

This is just a tragic fail of a trade. So much went into the pick that there was almost no way it could pay off in the long run.

Not only did we give up DJ Moore, but with the loss of the draft pick we got for trading away CMC, then we pretty much gave him up as well. That's the teams top two receivers and starting RB. We gave up our two best scoring weapons.

And then the draft picks, too.

And could have done as well, or better, with the QBs that were left to us at #9 had we just stayed. We were suckered many, many times before draft day.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

This is just a tragic fail of a trade. So much went into the pick that there was almost no way it could pay off in the long run.

Not only did we give up DJ Moore, but with the loss of the draft pick we got for trading away CMC, then we pretty much gave him up as well. That's the teams top two receivers and starting RB. We gave up our two best scoring weapons.

And then the draft picks, too.

And could have done as well, or better, with the QBs that were left to us at #9 had we just stayed. We were suckered many, many times before draft day.

That's what David Tepper has been ever since he bought the team. An absolute sucker. He had gotten tooled over and over again. He's the guy he almost certainly used to mock in the world of investments. Oh look, this rich kid watched a few podcasts and now he thinks he's a real wheeler and dealer. Watch this while I straight up take his ass to school and steal his lunch money. Tepper thought all his financial analytics and business experience was just going to seamlessly translate to dominating the NFL. Some classic straight up Dunning-Kruger poo. I honestly don't think it ever occurred to him all the work he put into being elite in the investment world. Okay, now realize you're up against folks who did that same thing in the world of football. You're not coming in with some analytics and meatball dinner conversations and beating them at their game straight out of the gate.

• Pie 4

13 minutes ago, Martin said:

The pick is the big issue. The trade and taking Stroud is very different from the trade and taking Bryce. Trade + Bryce is an F.

Yep, the only issue is have with the trade if we'd taken Stroud was not including Burns instead of DJ. When I was sitting at the brewery and saw the trade being announced on ESPN my very first thought was... we just included our only proven NFL WR in a trade to get a QB, how does that make any sense?

• Pie 3

Here's why I marked it incomplete.  We don't know the outcome yet?

Man, right now, it looks like absolute garbage. It's hard to argue that we wouldn't have been better with a different QB and kept the picks.  We're searching for a new coach for the 2nd time in two seasons.  We are so crap right now, it's not funny.

BUT (very very BIG but), if Bryce turns out to be THE DUDE, then it is worth it.  This season, everything went wrong.  From coaches, to draft picks, to plays, to the bounce of the ball on a fumble.  It's difficult to separate what is snake bit versus what's just plain poo.  It all turns to turd in the portapotty.

We need to see what Bryce looks like.  If he can get better, if we can get a good coach, a league average OL, maybe hit a few more draft picks and FA...  Then we can make a fair judgement, after giving him all the chances.

If we're picking top 5 again, time to hit the QB draft lottery ticket again.  

• Pie 5

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep, the only issue is have with the trade if we'd taken Stroud was not including Burns instead of DJ. When I was sitting at the brewery and saw the trade being announced on ESPN my very first thought was... we just included our only proven NFL WR in a trade to get a QB, how does that make any sense?

Your initial thought sounds correct to me.  If you had known how bad this season was going to go I bet you would have had a few more in the brewery that day.

• Beer 1