• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Quandary: 2024 Draft, FA Stopgap, or Stand Pat?

rayzor

best course of action at QB in 2024  

86 members have voted

1. 1. best course of action at QB in 2024

• 2024 draft pick
    • FA stop gap to get us through to 2025
    • Stand Pat with who we've got

I know much depends on who we get, but regardless of who that is, what do you think we should do? 

1) look to the 2024 draft to try and find one at 33 or later? (and potentially waste a not horrible pick on probable backup)

2) FA stop gap...keep Dalton and then look for maybe a little younger FA to also come in and help us compete while also giving bryce more competition for him to overcome?

3) stand pat with who we have and just let bryce be groomed and keep dalton as the backup? (ii can't imagine anyone really being cool with this one).

If you want to do something that involves trading anything to get a QB let us know why you think that would be a good idea and how much we should be willing to give up.

Go The Amazing Race GIF by CBS

Bring in a younger FA who we can put in when Bryce just doesn't have it that game. Dalton can mentor or retire. If the FA outshines Bryce, let him finish the season. 2025 we draft a new QB and let Bryce fight for his job. If he still can't even be a back-up ... bye, kiddo.

• Pie 1

Does it matter?  Tepper won't do it.  That said, if the right guy falls and I WAS MAKING THE CALL, yes, I would absolutely draft a QB.

Also, the irony of the 'wait until 2025' QB crowd.  The shoe is on the other foot, lol!   The 2025 class is WEAK at the top. Outside of Ewers, all the guys that could have came out went back because their draft stock was tepid.  The depth overall in 2025 at QB is decent and a good draft for a developmental guy, but not for looking for QB1.

Free agent. A drafted guy is ok but just get a younger Dalton and get through the 2024 season.

Anyone saying just play Young is basically saying don't try and win. Play him a couple of games? Sure for a few but it won'ttake many to confirm what this year already showed, it's obvious what he is and doing that for another 16 games is as bad as publicly tanking regardless of draft outcome.

Get a free agent and be ready to play them into a top 10 pick. This team is gutted, poorly strung together mess. Looking at some of their GM options that may not change.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

This is easy.

Keep Bryce get the #1 pick in the draft.

Draft our QB #1 overall in 2025.

image.png.297fd2c984059e8100aeb774c8b25c5e.png

LOl!  Ewers will end up being the top QB and he's not even close to a generational QB.

WAIT TO 2025 THEY SAY!!!!  Man, if I could did up all those receipts from last offseason (and prior), but I'm not petty enough to do that as tempting as it is.

• Beer 1

Decent vet to push Bryce with the primary intention of trying to give Bryce his best chance to prove he can be what we thought he could be. If that doesn't work out, time to look at the '25 draft.

Now with that said, if there's a guy you really like at #33 that you're shocked is still there, I don't think you pass. Honestly, I think you're pounding the phones trying to move up a pick or two into the bottom of the 1st to get him. Sorry, but Bryce really was that bad and showed that little promise.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

If you think for one second they are gonna draft a QB high you’re on some drugs. Some of y’all need to start coming to terms with the fact Bryce is going to get all of next year, at minimum to prove himself. They aren’t going to throw in the towel after one season based on the complete poo show it was around him. If he doesn’t show improvement in 2024 drafting a QB in 2025 is possible.

• Flames 1

Just now, MGH1989 said:

If you think for one second they are gonna draft a QB high you’re on some drugs. Some of y’all need to start coming to terms with the fact Bryce is going to get all of next year, at minimum to prove himself. They aren’t going to throw in the towel after one season based on the complete poo show it was around him. If he doesn’t show improvement in 2024 drafting a QB in 2025 is possible.

We're talking about what they should do not what they will do. We already know that Tepper's Panthers are extremely unlikely to do what they should do.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We're talking about what they should do not what they will do. We already know that Tepper's Panthers are extremely unlikely to do what they should do.

What they should do and what they will do are the exact same thing. If this fanbase had their way we would have given up Derrick Brown after year 1. 

Edited by MGH1989
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I can't write Bryce off yet. I know tons of others have because they're reactionary, think they know better and want to be right, but I can't. Gotta give him next year to prove if he has it or not. The situation was screwed from the jump and literally no one looked good in our offense not named Adam Thielen. Bryce is the QB so he is the punching bag, but he doesn't deserve all the crap he's getting from the fan base because he was far from the only thing wrong with us this season.

If he sucks next year, then he sucks next year, we reassess in the 2025 draft. No reason to keep sending good money after bad year over year with QBs. Ride it out with Bryce and try and fill out the roster to surround whatever QB we end up using going forward, but do it competently this time around.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1