• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does Dan Morgan hire cause you to financially invest in the team (renew tickets)?

TheBigKat

We are going to s..k as long as Mr. And Mrs T are around and it's even going to be hard for me to be happy when we win any games. The little flick of the wrist, with the water,showed me all I needed to know. And coach Wilks saying he really didn't like him. I have come to the conclusion that we were bought by the wrong person and he will have to move them. No one is going to support them.

4 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

For me it’s a RESOUNDING NO

no merch

no PSL renewal

nothing

you don’t hire an extensive search firm to hire the guy who was part of drafting Bryce Young. This just tells me that the search firm and all that was window dressing, Tepper has not changed one bit

how can we as fans respond?

skip the March on Mint nonsense

just don’t spend money on the team, no merchandise, no tickets. Just watch the circus from home or watch red zone 

No

i have one year left on contract.  I’m  finished …trying to move this last year

i have great seats in the shade and a lot 1 parking pass   I hate giving them up

but it’s over for me 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, WUnderhill said:

Were you really basing your PSL renewal on the GM hire? Let’s be honest here.

No but I was more looking to see if the owner learned/changing

all he did was put lipstick on a pig by hiring a search firm and just signing Morgan. 

• Beer 1

7 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

No

i have one year left on contract.  I’m  finished …trying to move this last year

i have great seats in the shade and a lot 1 parking pass   I hate giving them up

but it’s over for me 

You've been saying this for 10 years

12 hours ago, Tbe said:

It makes perfect sense if Dan is all you could get.

Tepper got a fuging outside consulting firm for the GM search and they were probably like "uh no one wants this job sorry" lol. Either that or Morgan was the only one to guarantee he won't give Bryce Young any competition

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Tepper got a fuging outside consulting firm for the GM search and they were probably like "uh no one wants this job sorry" lol. Either that or Morgan was the only one to guarantee he won't give Bryce Young any competition

pretty much

• Beer 1

It’s already happened, and it’s going to get worse. The Panthers are going to miss out on capturing an entire generation of Panthers fans. It’s incredible how little interest I see in the team compared to just 8 or 9 years ago. Having Cam was a huge boost to the fan base and brought a lot of kids to become Panthers fans. Now? They are missing out on getting a new crop of kids to become Panthers fans.

I moved back to NC after living in TX 13 years and after talking to some other dads in my new neighborhood, they all say their kids do not care about the Panthers and some didn’t even know the Panthers existed. Some dads say they have tried to make their kids Panthers fans to no success and others say they’ve tried to actively NOT let their kids become fans by not watching games and renouncing their own fandom. A older couple lives across the street from me who are big college basketball fans and I asked them if they are Panthers fans. They said “used to be!” and mentioned how disappointing it’s been lately. One clear consistency across all these people I talked to was they are all fed up with David Tepper and think has done a horrendous job. 

I am not sure if Tepper knows how deep the damage he has done to the fanbase goes. 

• Beer 1

15 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

No but I was more looking to see if the owner learned/changing

all he did was put lipstick on a pig by hiring a search firm and just signing Morgan. 

Last GM hire he went out of house and hired what many thought was a rising star from a successful organization. How’d that work out?