• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers part with Suleiman

Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, Stuart Smith said:

She will probably be the sole owner one day. 

If anyone remebers the baseball movie "Major League", then they'll remember the teams owner "Rachel Phelps"...

Major-League-James-Gammon-Margaret-Whitton-standee.png

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Sorta misleading.  If the Moton deal was back loaded to cost nearly $30m in 2024, and you anticipated Burns needing a new deal in 2024, it really focuses on their salary timeline--not to compare the overall contracts.  I would have paid Moton $17m over the 4 years and not tried to back load it.  

Very, because you were talking about Burns not being worth more than Moron as if they were both making the same amount. You are moving your goal post a bit now.

If we extend Burns, he’ll likely have a smaller cap number early on just like Moton. In 2021-2023, Moton’s cap was about $8M per year. Moton’s deal will not conflict with Burns at all. That said, you are correct that I don’t think we did a good job with cap. When you win 24 games in 5 years, and you draft a rookie QB, your cap space should be ginormous already not hey we have a lot of cap in 2025 since we have no impact starters under contract. We should have had no issue signing Brown, Burns and Luvu without pushing more money into 2024 from the past 5 years of mediocrity.

So the very expensive calculator, who I was assured was a “Cap Ninja”, gets the axe? If only someone could have seen this coming? Looks like being a scapegoat will be his biggest contribution to the team. 

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, thunderraiden said:

What dead money?

I think the last three year the panthers have had close to 50 million dead each YEAR!!. It has to be a record. They never bought into a real rebuild, just max out and push the money into future years. Ive said before that only works if youre a winning team, which..if my math ...carry the 2......yep the pathers suck.  

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, 3838 said:

canales-1226.jpg

Probably, but I was more thinking of a Suleiman replacement. A cap/contract guy. Like Tillis or Khai Harley from NOS (this one is unlikely because it would be a lateral move for him, but it would hurt them).

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Basbear said:

I think the last three year the panthers have had close to 50 million dead each YEAR!!. It has to be a record. They never bought into a real rebuild, just max out and push the money into future years. Ive said before that only works if youre a winning team, which..if my math ...carry the 2......yep the pathers suck.  

Not a record. Not even the most over that span. That would be Philadelphia.

We are 18th in dead money going in to next year. That's  slightly better than middle of the pack.

Edited by csx