• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vrabel interviewing with carolina Thursday

jamos14

11 hours ago, panthers55 said:

Vrabel has appeal for his leadership and emphasis on accountability and discipline. But he would need to find good offensive guys who can develop Young.

Is Gandalf or Jesus available?

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

Is Gandalf or Jesus available?

no but arthur smith is and that's the exact direction the panthers need to go

if vrabel is available and they don't pull the trigger i don't know man. I don't know. Gotta think Morgan is vouching for him. Hell, vrabel scored a TD in front of Dan in the Super Bowl.

God damn this play can't be guarded in man. Look at Peppers accidentally picking Al Wallace. And this was before offensive pass interference, er, pick plays, became the norm

Edited by electro's horse
  • Beer 1

Council interviews Buck Reising, a Tennessee reporter he used to work with, about Vrabel.

• Lots of joking and ball busting between the two.
  • Reising thinks Vrabel was advised to wait before entering the coaching searches
  • Council doesn't think Vrabel would mesh with Tepper because of Tepper's meddling ways. He says this after Reising explained how Vrabel lost a power struggle and was fired over it.
  • Says that Vrabel's old school approach isn't the way the NFL is going
  • After the interview, Council says he thinks Vrabel's and Tepper's personalities would clash too much

There's a bit more information here, but you can watch for yourself.

Edited by jayboogieman
  • Beer 1

If their personalities wouldn’t mesh, or Teppers “meddling ways” wouldn’t work.. why would Vrabel even entertain an interview..? They didn’t sneak the interview past Tepper lol he’d have to sign off on it. And it’s not like Vrabel is a naive prospective coordinator looking for his big break. He has interest in the job, maybe not FOR Tepper. But there’s something here he wants to discuss. 

• Pie 3

Vrabel is very overrated. They had 1 nice cinderella run his 2nd year there riding the high of the energy he brought to the team but he's just not a great coach and he's too old school especially on offense. The Titans had a great roster with a legit 2nd tier franchise QB for a few years and top 3 RB in the game and yet they came up short every year except that 1 mentioned above. I just don't see how he makes any sense for this team right now.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, t96 said:

Vrabel is very overrated. They had 1 nice cinderella run his 2nd year there riding the high of the energy he brought to the team but he's just not a great coach and he's too old school especially on offense. The Titans had a great roster with a legit 2nd tier franchise QB for a few years and top 3 RB in the game and yet they came up short every year except that 1 mentioned above. I just don't see how he makes any sense for this team right now.

He only become a legit 2nd tier QB….on Vrabel’s team though. 

Vrabel opened with 5 straight winning seasons.  I wouldn’t call that a one Cinderella run.  His teams were tough and Vrabel is a smart in some coach.

a hard nose, tough, culture guy who is also smart….seems exactly like what we need to climb out of the gutter.  But I don’t see it happening.  What Vrabel is….isn’t going to fly with Tepper 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

He only become a legit 2nd tier QB….on Vrabel’s team though. 

Vrabel opened with 5 straight winning seasons.  I wouldn’t call that a one Cinderella run.  His teams were tough and Vrabel is a smart in some coach.

a hard nose, tough, culture guy who is also smart….seems exactly like what we need to climb out of the gutter.  But I don’t see it happening.  What Vrabel is….isn’t going to fly with Tepper 

Not really, Tannehill was extremely underrated on some really bad Dolphins teams before he tore his acl and went to Tennessee. His stats got a bit better on Vrabel's team (largely because of Henry opening up the offense I'd argue) but he was always very solid before that.

4 straight, the first 2 barely above .500. Then 11 and 12 win seasons where they faceplanted in the playoffs each year followed by 2 pretty terrible losing seasons. I disagree he's a smart in game coach, yes they have been tough and he's a good motivator but that only gets you so far. His schemes and strategy just won't cut it in today's NFL, his teams were never viewed as a legitimate threat to win it all any year.

Would I take what they had over what we've had the last several years, yeah absolutely, but I think we should strive for better than that and a HC who can actually lead us to sustained success and a SB win (or multiple). I don't ever see Vrabel doing that and his message and leadership eventually wears thin.

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

My worry with coaches like Vrabel is how much of their image overrides their effectiveness.

Is he genuinely that good, or do people just think he is because of all the swagger?

I also feel he would be very very dependent on getting a great OC, so I have some doubts

Let’s argue over a coach who has been more successful in recent years isn’t a good fit for a team that hasn’t been by any sense of measurement successful in over half a decade…seems reasonable 

Edited by Killah_Ray