• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How is Tepper going to f*ck it up this time?

hepcat

32 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hopefully he somehow gets it right out of sheer dumb luck but I'm well aware that sheer dumb luck is what we're relying on.

Third times the charm! 

You'd think eventually he'd get something right. SOMETHING. 

2 minutes ago, RockyTopVol said:

I don't think he's humble enough to give Vrabel the kind of control he'd want. 

Aside from the fact I don't think he's a good fit, I think it's too late to hire Vrabel. They had a better shot when they hadn't promoted Morgan yet. One of the reasons Vrabel fell out in Tennessee is they didn't hire his preferred GM.

• Beer 1

Let's see here. Well, first, he is going to let Burns and Luvu hit FA with no compensation. Probably believes we are a better team without Derrick Brown. Not really a good scheme fit. We must re-sign Henderson and Chark. They are really the soul of our team.  No need to draft Lineman of any kind. He is sure we have enough capable players, especially at guard. 

• Pie 1

I don’t think it can get worse than last year. Sure, we could go 0-17, but I mean in terms of drafting the guy who isn’t being lauded as the next best franchise QB and also trading away a pick that also could be another great franchise QB or a potential Calvin Johnson to go with our great QB. Also, the one asset we have that could have made both happen and we didn’t trade, has been valued lower now and isn’t even extended. Minus our D/ST scores, I think we had the worst offense as well.

Get worse to me is that we extend 2018-2023 for more years and still be in the same situation with a mediocre coach, GM and QB. If we make bad choices, it could easily be a decade of 7-9/10 to 2-15 and that would be worse even if we aren’t as bad as the 2023 team.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Let’s have some fun since it’s the Panthers offseason. He already promoted Dan Morgan to the GM spot, who had a large part in the worst 3 season stretch in team history. Was it because none of the external candidates they interviewed actually wanted the job? Who knows. The optics of promoting Dan Morgan suck. 

So how can he make it worse? Because I think it’s going to get worse. David “Murphy’s Football” Tepper seems to just figure out the worst decision he can make and double down on it. 

Hiring Mike Vrabel seems like a possibility. I’m not a fan of hiring another retread coach and Vrabel seems better suited for a team with a more playoff ready roster. The Panthers are going to be a long term rebuild and need a cohesive staff to be there for the long term. 

Or will he hire Dave Canales, who was a position coach only a year ago? His connection to Dan Morgan certainly nudges us to believe he will be the hire. Is he too inexperienced?

Or will they throw Tepper’s entire bank about at Ben Johnson who I’m not sure has any desire to coach the Panthers?

Lets wait and see how much darker it can get!

I'll bet you're a blast at parties.

1 hour ago, hepcat said:

Let’s have some fun since it’s the Panthers offseason. He already promoted Dan Morgan to the GM spot, who had a large part in the worst 3 season stretch in team history. Was it because none of the external candidates they interviewed actually wanted the job? Who knows. The optics of promoting Dan Morgan suck. 

So how can he make it worse? Because I think it’s going to get worse. David “Murphy’s Football” Tepper seems to just figure out the worst decision he can make and double down on it. 

Hiring Mike Vrabel seems like a possibility. I’m not a fan of hiring another retread coach and Vrabel seems better suited for a team with a more playoff ready roster. The Panthers are going to be a long term rebuild and need a cohesive staff to be there for the long term. 

Or will he hire Dave Canales, who was a position coach only a year ago? His connection to Dan Morgan certainly nudges us to believe he will be the hire. Is he too inexperienced?

Or will they throw Tepper’s entire bank about at Ben Johnson who I’m not sure has any desire to coach the Panthers?

Lets wait and see how much darker it can get!

Why are you like this?

I’ve already given my worst case scenario. 

Tepper - Owner

Morgan - GM

Ejiro - HC

Caldwell - overseeing Thomas Brown 2.0

Tabor - ST

basically the survivors of Game of Thrones season 1.   We need a 100% clean slate and brand new culture installed. 

Big Brain is the Wizard of Oz...........

He's the great and powerful (hiding behind a curtain of his wealth)..........

He's all wise but he doesn't have a clue how to take this "Dorothy Gale and her GM Toto" of a franchise back to Kansas.....

........and will get lost in the process because he doesn't know how to operate the "balloon" football operations as he floats away into oblivion as the first team to be be eliminated from the playoffs. 

The Wizard of Oz (1939) - The Hot Air Balloon - YouTube