• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canales Hire Temperature Gauge

How do you feel about the Canales Hire?  

370 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the Canales Hire?

• Love it!
    • Hate it!
    • Indifferent

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Verge chimes in...

Seems unlikely that Canales will be one-and-done for a lot of reasons. I think the only way that happens is the team somehow ends up with the #1 (or #2) pick in the draft and they can reset (again) with a QB and Coach at the same time.

Canales will not be one and done, there are no expectations next year just like the Panthers in 2011 after having the worst record. You improve to 6 or 7 wins thats trending up.

Hell, The 49ers had the #2 pick with Kyle at one point.

Edited by Panthercougar68
  • Pie 1

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

When a first year coordinator leads a team with Evans and Godwin to twentieth in points and 23rd in total yards, in the dogshit nfc south including a 9 point explosion in a must win game against the panthers….well you gotta jump on that.

Sometimes you have to read the book to the end

their offense and baker got exponentially better as the season went on  post Tom Brady no one saw the Bucs in the playoffs 

the guy trained under Pete Carroll.  I suspect he learned a thing or two

he made Wilson, Geno, and Baker Mayfield better 

Wilson and Mayfield are not prototypical big QBs so he will have some concept of what to do with our midget 

he will run a simple offense which should mean ball out of young’s hand quickly 

As far as exper, The Dolphins coach wasn't highly sought after either … he’s done ok plus the Panthers had a lot of experience last year lol 

there should be no mismatch between the GM and HC 

now, if only he could bring Evans and Godwin with him….lol

time will tell in any case 

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Seems unlikely that Canales will be one-and-done for a lot of reasons. I think the only way that happens is the team somehow ends up with the #1 (or #2) pick in the draft and they can reset (again) with a QB and Coach at the same time.

The next time Verge makes a good point it will be the first time. Rhule got 2.5 years to figure it out. Where is the impatient label coming from?

Just now, FuFuLamePoo said:

The next time Verge makes a good point it will be the first time. Rhule got 2.5 years to figure it out. Where is the impatient label coming from?

She did her victory lap when we drafted Bryce because she had the inside info then went missing when he got everyone fired.

That being said I still hope she's right.

8 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

Tepper can't keep firing coaches. It's why nobody of significance wanted this job.

We are stuck with Canales for at least the next 2 years.

• Pie 2

Why are certain people so down? I wanted Harbaugh but at least we have someone now. I like the fact that the dude is an unknown. We will either strike gold or turd, one or the other. Sure as hell beats Dan Quinn or old ass Darth Belicheat. Before we all have to start screaming he will suck, perhaps we should wait to judge him by how the season goes next year.

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1