• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Assistant Coach Chatter

Mr. Scot

8 hours ago, csx said:

Vast majority of you all were ecstatic to keep him last year. One bad year full of injuries and bad scheming didn't make him a terrible coach.

Name me a lineman who got better under Campen. Ikey got worse. Bozeman got worse. Corbett got worse. Moton has steadily looked worse though he is still way better than the other guys. He was so excited for Zavala in the 4th round and made him look like the worst lineman in Panthers history. People writing revisionist history for that 2022 unit. They were bad and only competent downhill run blocking. OL coach has to be able to coach pass pro.

• Pie 4
  • Flames 1

12 hours ago, UNCrules2187 said:

I hope we’re also relieving James Caldwell of his duties as well. I know he was apparently part of the GM search, but don’t believe his services are required any longer 

I think when the truth comes out about all the back stabbing on reichs staff ,  Caldwell turns out to be involved if not the ring leader 🤷‍♂️

• Pie 2

4 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

I think Ejiro and staff may just stay.  Canales had two opportunities to play against his defense and game plan and Tampa didn't look too hot....and that was with our MASH defensive unit.

I would honestly hate to lose Ejiro.

I feel like he has to be with all this attention on Offensive side assistant/position coaches. Falling behind on the DC race unless we are locked for one from the current playoff teams is not smart. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

Keeping a umm “man” in a job he was qualified to have and passed over for. God bless America.

He wasn't offered a HC job anywhere else.

If he wanted to leave, Canales wouldn't hold him here against his will.  That's a terrible way to build camaraderie amongst your first NFL staff.

Don't make stuff up.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

Keeping a umm “man” in a job he was qualified to have and passed over for. God bless America.

Mixed feelings here... I think if he doesn't get a HC spot this year but he gets more pieces on D and a 2nd year with Brown, Luvu, Horn, etc I could see him having an incredible defense and I think that gets him a HC spot.  If he wants to leave he should be allowed to, but 3 teams in 3 years is rough.

Edit: 100% honest I would rather have had Evero. I don't give a poo about fixing Bryce, I mean it's a nice idea but I'd rather go with the guy that has proven he can maximize from guys with talent.... Evero... But that's neither here nor there anymore and hopefully canales.does well 

Edited by mav1234
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

One of Evero's selling points to Canales might arguably be how well his defense performed against Canales' offense during the last game of the season.

I don't think Evero is pitching himself to Canales, I think it's the other way round. 

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

34 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I don't think Evero is pitching himself to Canales, I think it's the other way round. 

Is it, though?  Outside of getting a HC job this cycle... he's slated to be the DC here next season.  No sales pitch needed honestly.  He replicates or exceeds this season's defensive production then he will find a job quickly next cycle.  Can think of a few squads on the premature Hot seat watch.

This year will be a big test for Evero if he stays as DC. The past 2 years with us and Denver he's had awful offenses, so the other team knows that once they score 17 or more points, they can just go ultra conservative and chew clock because there was no threat of either team coming back. Our offense will hopefully at least be competent this year so I want to see how well he can do when the other team is actively trying to score for all 4 quarters the entire season. 

• Pie 1