• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pauline: Campen was Tepper's "eyes and ears"

Mr. Scot

14 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

I like Frank Reich as a person, but he does not have the ability to command a locker room or a coaching staff. 

To be fair, it's a lot harder when you have people undermining you like this.

That's not Frank's fault. It's Tepper's for fostering that kind of toxic atmosphere.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 9

34 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wasn't just Campen, apparently.

Likely suspects would include Tabor, maybe Brown since both are gone.

Some also suggest Jim Caldwell.

It was clearly all the older guys. Campen, Tabor, Caldwell

• Pie 1

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

"More than a few people" will certainly invite speculation 🤔

We know one was Tabor.

Jim Caldwell wouldn't surprise me either.

Probably a few players as well.

Whoever it was, get them on a bus out of town and have a zero tolerance policy.

No one past the GM and HC should be reporting to the big boss man.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

32 minutes ago, jimfear said:

It's wild to me that one of Tepper's rats is the same dude coaching one of the absolutely worst units on the team. If I did my job as poorly as Campen did last season, I'd duck every time my boss came nearby.

Sometimes people point fingers first in hopes that nobody thinks to point fingers at them.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

33 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

You know this is going to get worse before it gets better, right?

How so? I imagine it went from bad to worse week of Frank’s firing. We’ve essentially reset the entire thing now internally 

• Beer 1

For the sake of argument, do we think these rats were put in place by Tepper or did they start doing it on their own as the ultimate brown-nosers?

I think the latter. Tepper should have shut it down but I think people were tattle-tailing to Tepper because they thought it'd be looking good in front of the boss. We've all worked with boss' pets who were totally incompetent but always got favor from the boss for reasons that had nothing to do with their performance. I think that's these coaches.

The fact that Tepper didn't make Dan and Dave keep them convinces me too. If they were Tepper's own installed pets, they'd still be here. I was against the Dan hire, but he surely knew this about those coaches which is why their sacking was his first two moves. My guess is Dan told Tepper about this plan during the interview process as well.

• Pie 1

The level of toxicity is the stuff that should lead to documentaries. Other than of course the then Redskins, I can't think of one that would be more interesting. The Eagles and the Pedersen era (also including Reich) would probably be pretty interesting. The Harbaugh exit from the 49ers would be good. Out of all the stories, ours may have most directly affected the product on the field.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1