• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tony Pauline: Campen was Tepper's "eyes and ears"

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Wasn't just Campen, apparently.

Likely suspects would include Tabor, maybe Brown since both are gone.

Some also suggest Jim Caldwell.

Exactly, so won’t it keep happening bc Tepper can just get new moles 

Come on though...

Who among us wouldn't pocket a few extra million to narc on our colleagues?

"Sorry dave, haven't heard anything lately..."

*Holds out empty palm

fetch stuart little GIF

"Reich isn't running any RPO and refusing to adjust his scheme, Thomas Brown's wife hates it here, the locker room is calling Miles "Inches" Sanders, and Icky says he has blackmail on you so he has to stay at LT"

The more and more that comes out the more I feel for Reich, Staley and McCown. All those dudes probably envisioned such a different situation when they heard they had the number one pick with a team that finished the prior season strong with a defense that was built to compete. 

then they were made the scapegoats when the owner fell in love with the test taker over the actual QB. 

it was an absolute no win situation for those guys. 

• Pie 3

If the coaching and team building were better there wouldn’t  be anything to report back.  
People are getting all of this backwards.

Some coach telling the owner that the team sucks isn’t what is causing the team to suck. 

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, BrisbanePanther said:

For the sake of argument, do we think these rats were put in place by Tepper or did they start doing it on their own as the ultimate brown-nosers?

We actually do know the answer to that question.

Per a prior report (think it was Breer but I'm not positive) Tepper was known to go around asking assistant coaches to talk about other assistants.

So basically, he not only sought it out, but he encouraged it.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

We actually do know the answer to that question.

Per a prior report (think it was Breer but I'm not positive) Tepper was known to go around asking assistant coaches to talk about other assistants.

So basically, he not only sought it out, but he encouraged it.

And Campen and Tabor were Rhule holdovers.

Tepper asked Frank to keep them on.

They had no reason to be loyal to the other guys.

I bet the snitching started during Rhule’s time.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, CmC2k said:

I like Frank Reich as a person, but he does not have the ability to command a locker room or a coaching staff. The all-star coaching staff looked good on paper but the second it looked like it wasn't gonna work everyone went into self-preservation mode trying to save their own jobs. 

can you imagine if someone did this on a Vrabel or Campbell coached team?  Holy poo

“More than a few”….

I mean, Campen wasn’t fired because of that….Tepper clearly encouraged and sought it.  Which is why he had more than Campen doing it.    It would be naive to think the many are now gone. 

I still think Jim Caldwell is one.  How else do you go from advising the worst O in the NFL….to helping hire the next era.  He is Tepper guy. 

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, rayzor said:

We know one was Tabor.

Jim Caldwell wouldn't surprise me either.

Probably a few players as well.

Whoever it was, get them on a bus out of town and have a zero tolerance policy.

No one past the GM and HC should be reporting to the big boss man.

Absolutely, I would make sure my staff knew that if they break the chain of command they will be fired immediately.  This isn't the military but anytime you have some below you and going above you creates discontent. 

Tepper should know this more than anyone.  He's the owner but has no clue on how to run a football team. 

• Pie 2