• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Olsen

Mr. Scot

It will be funny if Brady sucks as a commentator.  You don't get rid of a known commodity that's excellent at their job for someone brand new to the role simply because of their success in a different area.  I don't doubt Brady has a wealth of knowledge about the NFL, but can he communicate that information effectively, concisely and with charisma in a live broadcast?  Greg certainly can.  Olsen crushes it!

• Pie 2

Olsen has been really good. I’m interested to see if he can maintain it. I remember when Romo was on fire to start his broadcasting career being Luke like and basically calling out plays before they happened. He seems to have lost his luster and honestly annoys me more now. He said something about the first roughing the passer being Baltimore’s first penalty and my son said what about the holding call on a pass play right at the start. He just seems like his magic touch is gone.

Tom Brady may end up a terrible commentator but much more people are going to tune in to watch him talk than Olson. That’s a fact. You think Fox didn’t think about this?

Most people don’t really care who is the commentator 

• Beer 1

The thing Fox needs to consider is, who is going to be their top broadcaster for the next 20 years like Troy Aikman was. Is Brady really going to stay interested in broadcasting all that time? He is a man of many interests. They also need to consider that Brady has literally ZERO commentary experience. Olsen cut his teeth doing spot duty at the end of his playing career and has been well received by and large as the top color commentator. 

It could be a disaster for Fox switching to Brady and pushing Olsen out the door at the same time. 

• Pie 1

Just now, 4Corners said:

Tom Brady may end up a terrible commentator but much more people are going to tune in to watch him talk than Olson. That’s a fact. You think Fox didn’t think about this?

You contradict yourself dude. I agree with your last sentence and will take it a step further -- no more than a negligible amount of people will tune into a game because of any commentator, all that matters is the teams on the field.

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

For a few games if he's terrible. But honestly the announcers are just there to fill air time. Who is actually tuning in every week for the announcing. It'll give them a ratings boost for a few weeks and then it's just the norm.

28 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

It will be funny if Brady sucks as a commentator.  You don't get rid of a known commodity that's excellent at their job for someone brand new to the role simply because of their success in a different area.  I don't doubt Brady has a wealth of knowledge about the NFL, but can he communicate that information effectively, concisely and with charisma in a live broadcast?  Greg certainly can.  Olsen crushes it!

I'm pretty sure Brady's going to come off as a douchebag, largely because...he is one.

• Pie 4