• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bryce Young’s Arm Strength

0kBoomer

1 minute ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Problem is Bryce wasn’t very good at rollouts/bootlegs. If my memory is correct. 

I don't think that's the case.  I think he threw on the move pretty well, especially from his college film.  We just didn't do it.

2 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

lol

TOO LATE is poor decision making and not an arm strength indicator.  That LOL is not the flaunt you think it was.

Now if he was Josh Allen, maybe he would've completed it.  But that's a top 3 NFL arm.  Most players can't do that.  Including Bryce.

Too much is being made of his draft position.  He didn't draft himself.  His arm strength is good enough to play in this league. No it not the best, that was already known. Just because he was overdrafted does not mean he has to make a shitty team better to be the number 1 pick. The Panthers made him that but it's obvious he wasn't going to be from the start. He needs more to work with to make the investment have a better shot a working out.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I wanted Stroud early on last year, but I had my doubts about him.  When Drew Brees came into the league, they said his arm was weak.  Matt Ryan's arm was not strong. 

My reservations were formed when Frank and David and Scott felt the need to promote his personality and maturity.  Like they were selling the pick.  I have a feeling that Nicole may have made the pick---at least had a voice in it.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, csx said:

He needs a lot for a #1 pick. He was supposed to make those around him better.

How does a QB make pass protection better when his blockers are beat at the snap...

How does a QB create separation for receivers...

How does a QB catch a pass that hit's a receiver in both hands when open...

----------------------

I get it some people weren't Bryce fans ( I wanted AR15), but at the same time, let's not be ignorant about the common sense aspects of this.

Drastic differences for Stroud with Nico who no one knew of or cared about, and a mid round receiver in Dell, is that Stroud ACTUALLY has time in the pocket. 

Go look at Cam's season's with Bell, and Chandler at OT, we didn't do a whole lot those years. EVERY QB needs adequate talent around them, it is the most dependent position on the field, because you can't do a damn thing at QB without 1) a legit OL, and 2) weapons. 

We are not even going to get into scheme, like do you think Purdy is making -- CMC, Debbo, Aiyuk, and Kittle better....no, they make him look good. Trent Williams at LT you think Purdy is helping him block at the point of attack?

Ya'll gotta stop these ignorant ass posts....

1 hour ago, jamos14 said:

I don't know that it really even matters much.  He can make every throw.  He just needs to anticipate throws more.   It's an NFL caliber arm even if it's on the lower end of the spectrum.  

Josh Allen can wait and squeeze an 10 yard out in extremely tight window and late.    Bryce can make the same throw but has to throw before the separation occurs.   

I dont think this is the problem. I think he threw with a lot of anticipation this year, especially early in the season. Problem was our WR's ran the route wrong or simply were not open. 

By the end of the year he was playing reactive... which is not what he is known for. 

• Pie 1

if canales can do what he's supposedly done and can do, then he will be 1) helping bryce improve what he does already and 2) scheme around what bryce does and doesn't do well.

if the deep ball is a problem for bryce, canales will scheme around it and if canales is good at what he's supposed to be doing, it will work.

basically the deep ball is not a problem for me. getting bryce coached up and the offense schemed around him is what i'm looking for. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, frankw said:

But he hasn't.

If he had he wouldn't have finished with the lowest yards per attempt of the last 20 years.

So are we just going to ignore the absence of receivers that can separate, and the absence of a consistent, and reliable deep threat?

What about the regression of the OL limiting time to throw down field?

There were a lot of factors at play, and quite honestly we probably don't win a game without Bryce executing the comeback drives.

Are people really so locked in on hating Bryce for whatever reason that the facts are continuously ignored as to the offense as a whole?

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, jamos14 said:

TOO LATE is poor decision making and not an arm strength indicator.  That LOL is not the flaunt you think it was.

Now if he was Josh Allen, maybe he would've completed it.  But that's a top 3 NFL arm.  Most players can't do that.  Including Bryce.

generally a #1 overall pick that you also give up additional first round picks and stud WRs for.....should come with all the bells and whistles.  Not be some stock floor model.  

I mean, part of the Bryce Young issue.....is what he cost vs what he is.  Which that's not really his fault but it's going to impact how people view him. 

• Pie 3