• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Coach Canales on GMF

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

These HC hires have made me numb. I haven't made a comment on this hire because I simply don't trust Tepper can hire the right HC.

Instead of trashing the guy, I will just let this one play out. Hopefully he's better than the last 2 HC's Tepper has hired.

I think we are all a bit numb. I loved how Rhule seemed like he had all the answers. Sounded like a preacher. Turns out to be a used car salesman. Frank was going to bring the culture back as our first QB. His offense was bland and he was made to hire a makeshift ‘experienced’ staff. I think this time Dan can bring the culture, and Dave can light a fire under the team. Along with routes that can get our receivers open in 2.7 or less. 

The hope is that the hiring staff actually hired them, and not Tepper. 

Edited by KBRed
  • Pie 3

Love the hire and I hope it translates into the football field. I will say that I get a much better feeling about him than Rhule or Frank. He seems young, hungry, and someone who will bring the energy to the team. It’s a huge bonus that we keep our defensive staff together as well.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, KBRed said:

I think we are all a bit numb. I loved how Rhule seemed like he had all the answers. Sounded like a preacher. Turns out to be a used car salesman. Frank was going to bring the culture back as our first QB. His offense was bland and he was made to hire a makeshift ‘experienced’ staff. I think this time Dan can bring the culture, and Dave can light a fire under the team. Along with routes that can get our receivers open in 2.7 or less. 

No doubt we're numb and have zero expectations.  Only one way to go at this point.  With these interviews, it's just exposure more than anything, not really learning a ton. But what I will say...

Rhule was a used car salesman to a tee.

Frank spoke a lot without saying much.  Rambling non-answers with a bunch of platitudes.

This guy doesn't seem as annoying.  He's got energy and doesn't trail off at least haha 

• Pie 3

33 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

These HC hires have made me numb. I haven't made a comment on this hire because I simply don't trust Tepper can hire the right HC.

Instead of trashing the guy, I will just let this one play out. Hopefully he's better than the last 2 HC's Tepper has hired.

Yup. All I can say is that I don't dislike/hate/doubt it right off the bat for very obvious reasons like the past 2 hires. Would be perfectly fine if no one said another public word until the regular season rolls around... sick of drivel and meaningless coach/office-speak.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, NAS said:

He seems more genuine than used car salesman Rhule and more energetic than sleepy Reich. That’s already an upgrade lol

Eeeeeh. Watch how he addressed the Teppers at the press conference - he was overly effusive and maintained eye contact.

He's as much a salesman as the rest. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

finally-we-agree-finally.gif

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Well he's got two things going for him.

He's actually coached in the NFL before unlike Rhule with one season of position coach experience. And he isn't a dinosaur like Reich.

Might as well let him show us something.

• Pie 5