• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dan Morgan is INTENSE (video)

TheBigKat

On 2/3/2024 at 8:05 AM, WarPanthers89 said:

I believe the Huddle hated on the hiring  of Morgan and our new coach because it wasn’t a big name that they dreamed of, but I have a feeling that if they are left alone, they can build something special and make us a competitive team again. As a matter of fact, I don’t know of a single coach (that was actually available) that would be a better pick to develop Young. Morgan and Canalas are young and hungry and you can tell they will bring the energy that our team has been lacking for years. I know we are all numb to anyone involved with overseeing our team until we see wins, but if you are being logical, this seems like a great pairing we have made, along wit Brandt Tillis

I wouldn't say that most Huddlers  "hated" the hires, that's a strong word. I would say that regarding Canales, most people are just taking a wait-and-see approach, and I believe that the poll reflects that. It was obvious that he really relishes this opportunity (and it's not like he was a hot commodity out there, as this was his only opportunity during the hiring cycle). As for Morgan, many people may seem to be inspired because he was part of the last failed administration, so quite logically he has some amount of the associated stink that comes with it. From many fans' perspectives, Morgan's saving grace is that we don't know how much---if any---he was actually involved in the decision making, so we can't really---can't ultimately blame him for the worst era in the history of the franchise. He was also one of the franchise's favorite sons as a player, so that brings a certain amount of goodwill as well.

Now, that the Morgan-Canales era has begun---because they'll always be linked---and can't help but get the image of their bro hug out of our minds---now that the Morgan-Canales era has begun, it's all about what they do moving forward. They'll have their honeymoon; we'll see how long it lasts.

• Beer 1

23 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

There was a YouTube video where they said Morgan mentioned all the greats that have played for the Panthers and didn't mention any of the current players that were in the press conference.  They said it was Morgan's way of putting them on notice that their jobs weren't safe.

Canales comment about doing what our player are capable of tells me two things.  One was we are going to play to our strengths.  Two that 2025 offense may be quite different than the one we will see in 2024.

Morgan's hire makes me believe that though he may have had input that the final decision was on Fitterer and he chose not to select the DAWGS that Morgan wanted.   Morgan gave props to all the GMs that he worked for in the past but never mention Fitterer.   It's only an opinion but I get the feeling Morgan didn't get many of the player he thought we should have drafted.  We'll see in about 3 months. 

I don't know that I buy it fully that he was sending current players a message, but he could've been. He could've just easily been in the moment, meaning that what he said was what he really believes. In that sense, the effect upon the current players could be the same: they better get their sh¡t together or they won't be here.

By the way, IIRC, Morgan did thank Fitterer for giving him the opportunity toward the beginning of the presser. 

I'm not going to presume to try to get into Tepper's head. He may have given Morgan a pass because Morgan didn't get the guys Morgan was pushing (and should have). That would make sense, right? But Tepper hasn't always done things that make sense. He's going to have to build my faith back up in him in that regard---not that I had any real faith in him to go on anyway, except that he was a successful "everyday guy" that was smart enough to make enough money to buy a football team and become a "fan" like me. 

• Pie 1

On 2/3/2024 at 5:29 AM, TheBigKat said:

My guy didn’t even blink for 237282 seconds

I don't think this is a double chinned yes man kind of person

I hope he and Canales can help translate that intensity to the field. Reich looked like he wanted to be anywhere else other than the sidelines. Rhule looked like he was in a sketch comedy about bad football coaches. It's no wonder the team got soft.

On 2/3/2024 at 5:35 AM, UnluckyforSome said:

We can only hope so. The only time my opinion of Morgan took a hit was when he ran down to New Orleans to try and make their team. I understand the desire to still play, even with the risks involved, but going to a hated rival? I want it to work out well for him, and we get back to prominence.

Oh come on. It’s not like he transferred from Duke to UNC. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 10:32 PM, 4Corners said:

Oh come on. It’s not like he transferred from Duke to UNC. 

Of course that would be dire, unheard of and senseless. 

I am 100% on wanting Morgan to succeed. Will he though is another question entirely. Honestly, my least favorite Morgan moment isn't him running down to NO as soon as he was done here. It was not making that tackle on Vick, and I'm sure you know which 1 I am talking about.

See yall again once we get closer to the preseason.

Everyone keeps saying WR and we should mine the depth of that position in the draft, totally agree.  But, this team needs to build through the middle of the field in the next 3 seasons.

RB, QB, IOL, IDL, MLB and SS.   When this team made the Super Bowls we were elite in those areas.  WRs can be had in the draft as the college game is sending a ton of them with the wide open schemes being used by literally every team.

This is a 3 to 5 year plan for me.

Edited by Shocker