• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Re: Ben Johnson

Mr. Scot

16 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

He pulled out of Carolina and Washington, probably the two worst organizarions in the league. 

Obviously there’s hope in in DC but for now they are what they are. I don’t think anyone can fault him for steering clear of Carolina. 

As far as the commanders, pairing an air raid offensive coordinator with a defensive minded head coach seems like a recipe to be looking for one or both next season. 

agreed. with us you're hoping that the owner doesn't continue being a dumbass. in washington you're hoping the new owners don't become dumbasses.  washington did seem like a much better situation than here, but still there's a lot of unknowns there. the snyder stench may take a few years to air out. 

quinn pick as HC seems like a panic pick. and then adding in kingsbury seems like an odd choice. i think they might have been trying the genius strategy we used last year in trying to get as many diverse mentalities in as possible. 

bottom dweller franchises tend to stay that way for a while for a reason. every once in a while one breaks out. i'm just hoping that our blind squirrel making decisions this year falls on an acorn.

• Beer 1

Heavy weighs the crown and long is the wait for a ring.

Stick with the program he helped build, see it to a championship, let Campbell take the praise and the pundits. Grow your reputation while your young family builds a home for themselves.

He's going to be fine.

And he wasn't coming here anyway. So, onward.

3 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Some people are not meant to be head coaches. He just may be one of them. Whether Canales works out or not, I am glad the Panthers dodged a bullet with Johnson. 

Don't know if that's a "dodged bullet" or not just yet.

Probably also worth noting that some of the quotes in this piece read like damage control on the Commanders part.

"See, he didn't turn us down. We turned HIM down! Yeah...that's right" 😕

3 minutes ago, rayzor said:

agreed. with us you're hoping that the owner doesn't continue being a dumbass. in washington you're hoping the new owners don't become dumbasses.  washington did seem like a much better situation than here, but still there's a lot of unknowns there. the snyder stench may take a few years to air out. 

quinn pick as HC seems like a panic pick. and then adding in kingsbury seems like an odd choice. i think they might have been trying the genius strategy we used last year in trying to get as many diverse mentalities in as possible. 

bottom dweller franchises tend to stay that way for a while for a reason. every once in a while one breaks out. i'm just hoping that our blind squirrel making decisions this year falls on an acorn.

I'm sure the Commanders would tell you Quinn was the guy they really wanted all along 🫥

• Pie 2

If play calling is what he loves, what a great spot he’s in. Dan can do all the leadership stuff and Ben can stay in his lab coming up with new stuff, and still get paid a ton. Good for him. But he should have handled it better imo.

Just now, Martin said:

If play calling is what he loves, what a great spot he’s in. Dan can do all the leadership stuff and Ben can stay in his lab coming up with new stuff, and still get paid a ton. Good for him. But he should have handled it better imo.

I'd agree there.

It's the kind of life altering decision plenty of us would hate having to make, but ya gotta do your best.

1 hour ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I honestly cannot think of a better person that was available to hire in order to help to salvage Young. 

We have so much capital invested in bryce that when he fails once again and the Canales /Morgan hires turn out to be a mistake, we will only wish we were the browns of the past 2 decades.

• Poo 1

29 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Don't know if that's a "dodged bullet" or not just yet.

Probably also worth noting that some of the quotes in this piece read like damage control on the Commanders part.

"See, he didn't turn us down. We turned HIM down! Yeah...that's right" 😕

“Yes, we turned him down while in flight…we just had a change of heart with the atmospheric pressure and stuff.”

I’ll take the ‘mad scientist’ that will lead a team with enthusiasm for 200 Alex.

1 hour ago, frankw said:

I don't doubt that the Commanders are not appealing and a messy situation but Ben Johnson himself sounds arrogant and self absorbed.

Stay in Detroit bitch.

I've said that since the 15 mil proce tag thing.  He's just josh McDaniels 2.0, i just don't want that clown.

• The D 1

the other funny thing about this is a lot of this is coming from the commanders camp. They're upset and maybe rightly so

but these guys are "nba guys" and you mean to tell me something like this doesn't happen daily in the nba? this would be maybe a day long story in the nba. Bob Meyers came from Golden State. Draymond Green wakes up and does something more disruptive than this.