• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Horns 5th year option

ncfan

He needs to prove that he can get through pregame warmups without breaking a toe or pulling a hammy.  He reminds me of Gordon Hayward of the Hornets.  He has the best seats in the house and gets about $400,000 per game to watch the game from them.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Nope.  No thank you.  I ain't investing money into someone that makes Jeff Otah seem reliable.  That's just a reality.  Jaycee Horn is only a dawg in Pantherland.   No one else talks about him for good reason.  He doesn't play.  3 years in and he frankly has yet to even show his stuff vs a legit good QB/WR tandem because he never is on the field for it. 

I'm focused on Brown and Luvu if I am the Panthers.  Building up a functional offense. 

Denver's offer was pathetic, if they throw in 2nd and 3rd round picks for this year. I take a gamble on it send him packing.

6 hours ago, PappyMay said:

that 11.3 million is for 2025 season. Not this coming. We have 130 million in cap and by then can walk away from Hurst and Sanders so will go up even further. I'd take the gamble.  If he plays good you can walk away from Djax and save another 5million if needed.

Sound thinking here

Pay him another year and if he continues like he has he wastes ANOTHER season of his career. If he does good we might get something out of it. Doubt we're gonna be contending in the short term anyhow.

Edited by BombzAway

Too valuable a talent and position not to. If it's attitude, fit, or talent that's when you don't take it. If it's just injury but he has all the rest of the pieces you gotta hope the tide turns

Be nice to roll out the 2011 or 2012 (2005 would be unreal) Steve Smith out there during training camp and challenge Horn to stop him, talk smack to him the entire camp, get under his skin make him want to compete and shut him down and up.  We don't have anyone on the roster like that to make Horn better and he needs more dawg in him...he needs to want to shut his man down every Sunday.  If we can get that Horn I'd want him here for a long time.

These upcoming seasons are put up or shut up from Jaycee.

On 2/7/2024 at 3:23 PM, Captain Morgan said:

and the following year we have the most cap space in the league.  254 million.  We do not have a cap problem.

I really wish people would stop saying we don’t have a cap issue down the road. We literally have no one signed in 2026 outside of guys on rookie contracts unless you count Miles Sanders.

That’s right, aside from rookies, we have Miles Sanders signed in 2026. Gee, I wonder why we have almost the entire 2026 salary cap to work with, SMH.

Even in 2025, outside of guys on rookie deals (some of whom will suck bad enough to be cut this year), here’s who we have signed on the team in 2025:

Sanders, Hurst, Moton, Bozeman, Bell, Thielen and Tuttle

Wow, that’s a murderer’s row to build around with all our 2025 cap space. I can’t imagine how scared of us the rest of the NFC is. Couple that fantastic core of vets with the drafting we’ve done the past few years and all the extra draft picks we have in our pockets and I can see why people talk fondly of our cap space. We have the best foundation in the league.

18 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

here’s who we have signed on the team in 2025:

Sanders, Hurst, Moton, Bozeman, Bell, Thielen and Tuttle

and frankly, Sanders, Hurst, and Thelien, and Tuttle.....don't really need to be here. 

1 minute ago, CRA said:

and frankly, Sanders, Hurst, and Thelien, and Tuttle.....don't really need to be here. 

Right and that’s why our cap looks so “good” past 2024. It’s basically because we guys we’ve drafted (over our pretty sucky past 3 drafts) and we don’t have a Mahomes or Lamar or Kelce or Hill or anyone at that level signed to a non-rookie deal. We got rid of the only two vets on non-rookie deal that you’d build a team around. That’s why celebrating our 2025/2026 cap space is laughable considering the “talent” level of the guys we currently have signed in 2025/2026.

Canales and Morgan have their work cut out for them.