• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: "I wanted to draft Brock Purdy"

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, Mage said:

The decision-making for this team got 20x worse after Matt Rhule got fired, so who really knows.

You’re looking in a vacuum on 1 year. You have to look at the whole picture. There were plenty of bad decisions made in 2020 that we’ve forgotten.

• Pie 1

46 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Purdy probably would have sucked on the Panthers. Purdy is in a really good situation and in an offense that is filled with playmakers that help his strengths while minimizing his weaknesses. I doubt he would have had that with the Panthers and definitely not with Rhule.

Yep.

I actually believe Rhule. There are much better lies to tell. But what’s it matter? poo coach and Purdy would’ve failed here anyways.

1 minute ago, onmyown said:

Yep.

I actually believe Rhule. There are much better lies to tell. But what’s it matter? poo coach and Purdy would’ve failed here anyways.

He's trying to prove he knows talent so he can BS his way to another NFL position next year after he gets fired from Nebraska for sucking. 

• Pie 3

Just watched the soundbite. I noticed he also had to mention that he told his players not to jump on his pump fake and they all did and Rhule did his little "I told you so". The guy is an absolute slime ball. If he was made of chocolate he'd eat himself.

Maybe he did say Purdy should be on the board but that doesn't men he would've drafted him. He traded away 3 picks for Darnold before the draft even got going.

Just remembered they traded for Darnold the year before Purdy's draft. He still managed to draft a QB in round 3 that year, couldn't get them to use a 7th rounder on Purdy but could get a crappy CB from Baylor? Yeah right....Then after the draft he could get them to waste more draft capital on Mayfield. Sounds legit.

Edited by Billy Goat
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Purdy probably would have sucked on the Panthers. Purdy is in a really good situation and in a offense that is filled with playmakers that help his strengths while minimizing his weaknesses. I doubt he would have had that with the Panthers and definitely not with Rhule.

This

9 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Ben Albright is doubling down saying Matt is telling the truth and “Matt didn’t have final roster say from what I’ve been told”

Did some guy name Matthew Khrule wearing glasses and mustache tell you that because everyone in the Charlotte media tells you otherwise.

70 percent of the horrors we see today are because that man who could never take blame himself and blamed others for his teams shortcomings, Matt truly was a dickhead to work with.

In all seriousness many of us suspected that Rhule's power was greatly reduced following 2021 as a condition of him staying. There may be some shades of truth to him saying this even if just the overall control aspect, but anyone with a brain and awareness of why he may not have had control knows it doesn't reflect positively in any way. Dude just can't help but run his mouth.

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Purdy probably would have sucked on the Panthers. Purdy is in a really good situation and in a offense that is filled with playmakers that help his strengths while minimizing his weaknesses. I doubt he would have had that with the Panthers and definitely not with Rhule.

You know Purdy is thanking god or budda that the Panthers didn't draft him.