• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: "I wanted to draft Brock Purdy"

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Stealing a line from Gantt, Matt Rhule has made people stupid for some time. I mean, Rhule is dumb, which helps out. 

This is based on Gnatt’s Cam Newton line where he is talking about a player that was the league MVP who people claim was a bad nfl qb…Matt was a terrible nfl coach who has a history of lying and being a complete Buffon. Rhule is an idiot plain and simple

1 hour ago, X-Clown said:

Yet the last pick they made in that draft was a kid from Baylor, continuing the trend of taking players who used to play for him. Guessing he didn’t get vetoed on that one. 

I can’t take anything this guy has said on his way out seriously when he tried to take credit for the wilks finish saying that he established the culture. 

which means Fitt and company also liked him.  I mean, Matt Rhule was clearly in the backseat at that point which was largely discussed in real time….and fired a couple games in.  Practically a dead man walking that season. 

I mean Baylor isn’t Temple. Those dudes do get drafted. 

Matt Rhule is a doofus that was asked a question about Brock and wanted to make himself look good because he is probably self aware at this point how bad he looks….I don’t see it as much more.  What he says is largely based in truth if he offered receipts IMO.   He ain’t my boogeyman anymore.   Scott Fitterer had more to do with our current sad state then Rhule

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

lol you don’t say that even if it’s true you doofus. 

Voth pretty much indicated it isn't.

Either way though, his sole purpose in saying it is to make himself look better and try to deflect blame for the disaster that his Panthers tenure was.

20 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dude, you couldn't "get my goat" if you were a professional goatherder 😄

What you've done in this response though is basically admit that I own you since you want so badly to oppose me on anything...even when that opposition is stupid.

Not like it wasn't obvious anyway, but hey... 😁

Hah, another post with no real substance after being wrong again.

Looking forward to your next post about Rhule!

38 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Hah, another post with no real substance after being wrong again.

Looking forward to your next post about Rhule!

It'll only happen if Rhule does something Panthers related...like he did here 😄

Most former coaches move on to their new job and don't dwell in the past. Rhule still brings up the Panthers and says things to try and make himself look better...or at least like less of a disaster than he was.

Part of the reason why is he likely knows people who can contradict him are generally too classy to stoop to his level.

Obviously not a problem for a narcissist like him, though 🙄

Had only someone told Tepper about that S2 before that draft, who knows? 

I am not real bothered by this, if I am supposed to be. Just being on the board doesn’t ensure the player get picked, obviously. And you have to be at/near the top of the board at some point for that to happen and since the guy was the dead last pick, you wouldn’t think he was at the top of a list anywhere by anybody throughout the process - all the way up to that last pick.

Should he have been? Even the 49ers undervalued him multiple times before taking the shot so I won’t use hindsight now. I’d bet some teams were disappointed he didn’t make the UDFA pool. 

Who cares? If Rhule's wife and Nicole were on board with Matt, Brock would be a serviceable starter with a dreadful team dragging him down instead of a seviceable QB with a great team around him competing for a SB. I think Rhule being enamored by JAGs that beat his college teams up is plausible, but so what.

Edited by Khaki Lackey

1 hour ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Who cares? If Rhule's wife and Nicole were on board with Matt, Brock would be a serviceable starter with a dreadful team dragging him down instead of a seviceable QB with a great team around him competing for a SB. I think Rhule being enamored by JAGs that beat his college teams up is plausible, but so what.

The Matt Rhule era Panthers went after BIG12 players 2nd only to the SEC.