• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

In other former coach news, Steve Wilks...

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Steve Wilks defense can beat Mahomes and Panthers fans will find a way to say he didn't contribute at all.

Wilks go win that SB man im rooting for you!

Between CMC and Wilks, I hope SF wins. Butker’s already got a couple rings!

• Beer 1

14 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Yet their in the superbowl. A goal all teams have, yet only 2 make it to.  

Defensive and offensive ratings are great. Fantastic.  

The only stats that truly matter, is the wins and losses column.  

So, seems like you're just looking for something negative to say about him and the work that he does. 

Good job. 

I like Steve, he seems like a great man without doubt. And I’m very happy for him. I was just anticipating the hype squad saying him being in the superbowl somehow makes him a great coach. The last couple of games have been really rough in the 49ers defense, despite being stacked with talent.

35 minutes ago, Martin said:

I like Steve, he seems like a great man without doubt. And I’m very happy for him. I was just anticipating the hype squad saying him being in the superbowl somehow makes him a great coach. The last couple of games have been really rough in the 49ers defense, despite being stacked with talent.

Great teams don't fail to score. Ya don't get to the Superbowl by having an offense that fails to produce against good defenses. Just like ya don't get there without good defenses. 

Nobody is worshipping the man. So you can go play in traffic until ya find someone that is doing so. 

• Poo 1

1 hour ago, pantherclaw said:

Great teams don't fail to score. Ya don't get to the Superbowl by having an offense that fails to produce against good defenses. Just like ya don't get there without good defenses. 

Nobody is worshipping the man. So you can go play in traffic until ya find someone that is doing so. 

Wow, a lot of anger there.

SF is allowing 1 more pt per game and 5 more yards per game than last year.

2.6 sacks per game vs 2 5 last year

1.6 takeaways vs 1.7 last year

That difference is insignificant. Why is Wilks considered a letdown when Ryans got a HC gig from it?.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

If those stats are right that is illuminating. I can only guess that it just looks lesser. Whether that is love for Ryans clouding the picture or what, unsure. I haven’t watched but a couple of SF games this year to know. 

Edited by strato

3 minutes ago, strato said:

If those stats are right that is illuminating. I can only guess that it just looks lesser. Whether that is love for Ryans clouding the picture or what, unsure. I haven’t watched but a couple of SF games this year to know. 

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/opponent-points-per-game

Can easily compare per game stats between years and it seems to take in to account any playoff games as well.

18 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The goal is to win a SB why does the score matter?

He's the last DC left standing. Give the man his credit regardless if the Chiefs score a lot of points. You're basically proving my point as to why people will have excuses win or lose.

Well if KC scores 40 points, his defense isn't beating them. It's like saying if SF wins, Sam Darnold is a Super Bowl winning QB. While technically true, it doesn't mean he was directly responsible for winning the game. Denver beat Carolina in SB50 is spite of Manning, not because of him. You judge the performance, not just the outcome.