• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Honors: Panthers front and center

21 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I think CMC had a good season but IDK if it was incredibly dominant. We've seen RBs in the past get over 2000 yards and weve seen players like Adrian Peterson and Ladanian Tomlinson in somewhat recent memory truly dominate the league. 

I think CMC got a few other awards anyway at least. 

It was still a better season than any one QB had this year. Can't tell me Lamar or Purdy was better than CMC this season.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

It was still a better season than any one QB had this year. Can't tell me Lamar or Purdy was better than CMC this season.

CMC dominated every game he played this year. The same can't be said of any other MVP candidate. The award was his, but it's. QB award now. Just like when Rodgers won over Kupp in the most dominant season for a receiver in a long time. He was unstoppable. Kupp led his team to a Lombardi while Rodgers watched and whined. 

• Pie 2

7 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

How did Andre Johnson make the hall before Steve Smith? 

Steve Smith Sr. (2001-2016): 1031 receptions - 14731 receiving yards - 81 touchdowns

Andre Johnson (2003-2016): 1062 receptions - 14185 receiving yards - 70 touchdowns

Torry Holt (1999-2009): 920 receptions - 13382 receiving yards - 74 touchdowns 

Reggie Wayne (2001-2014): 1070 receptions - 14345 receiving yards - 82 touchdowns

• Pie 1

7 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin, Reggie Wayne, Tory Holt, Hines Ward & Steve Smith should all be ahead of Andre Johnson.

Fitzgerald is a slam dunk first ballot hall of famer but he's not eligible yet. The others are a legitimate argument. I think there's just a logjam of comparably deserving candidates. 

• Pie 2

8 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

Fitzgerald is a slam dunk first ballot hall of famer but he's not eligible yet. The others are a legitimate argument. I think there's just a logjam of comparably deserving candidates. 

Great receivers generally have longer careers than other football greats. It creates an unintentional logjam, but there's an overall logjam of players in general because of the small number who are recognized.

Still, it should be hard to get into the Hall of Fame. And Steve Smith should definitely been in already... it's as if our team's advocate/presenter either isn't very good at it or is soft playing the guy. The reasons for his induction are on tape... miles and miles of tape. 

Edit to add: That being said, Julius Peppers is definitely one of the biggest game changers to ever walk onto an NFL field. He deserved that first ballot induction like no other. What a phenomenal athlete and fellow.

Edited by Khyber53
  • Pie 3

Got to think Luke gets in before 89.  Who is in front of Luke at this point.   89 certainly looks to have to wait on Wayne and Holt at a minimum at this point and no way they go in together.   And Larry likely jumps 89 too