• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DangerRuss is cut

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Who are his potential suitors:  Falcons, Washington, Steelers or the Patriots?  He's going to look to start somewhere first before taking a backup gig.

I don't see how any team is going to want Wilson as a backup QB.  I think it is starter or sit for an injury. 

Some QBs just don't work as backups. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't see how any team is going to want Wilson as a backup QB.  I think it is starter or sit for an injury. 

Some QBs just don't work as backups. 

Yea if Cam wouldn’t work as a backup because of his personality, Wilson’s diva ass sure doesn’t. 

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

A little better than Young but I still don’t want him. Too expensive, let Young drive this tank to our new QB in next year’s draft. 

Too expensive? He's going to cost basically nothing for the next couple of seasons.

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

He's washed but would be an upgrade.  He won't be signed here.  I really doubt Bryce gets any real competition this season.

That’s how you do it. Either Bryce develops or he leads us to our next QB. Just let it happen naturally. 

• Pie 4

38 minutes ago, CRA said:

Wilson is quirky and old.  I would imagine him finding a home might be tougher than he thinks. 

Quirky yes, but not old, at least not in modern NFL QB standards for a player with his pedigree, he should have a few more solid years left in him (I don't think he was all that bad this past year, he just had a horrible team around him and a coach who was purposefully tanking on him so he could have a justified reason to do exactly this).

The quirky part is the bigger issue in finding a landing spot.

The fact that former teammates have come out and talked about how he doesn't give out his cell phone to even offensive teammates, that they have to go through his agent to talk to him, is SUPER weird, for any NFL player, let alone a QB.

It's about the antithesis for what today's QB's should be doing and is the reason I wouldn't want anything to do with him if I was a team looking for a QB, even if I do think he still has a few decent years left in him.

• Pie 3

Payton has to be thinking why in the fug did I take this job??? Now he's QB-less and in cap hell from dead money. Not to mention sharing a division with Mahomes and Herbert.

They might be even more fuged than we are. At least we aren't division mates with a dynasty.

Russ isn't a traditional running QB, but he still relies on his wheels a lot as a passer.  His entire play style in Seattle was running around like a cartoon character until he heaved up a pass downfield.  He can't really get away like he used to.

• Pie 1