• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024, what we could see...

A young feisty group that wins at least 6 or 7 games during a re-shaping year. I can see them trading Burns and getting a 1st and a 3rd. I can see them trading Chinn for a 3rd and if he's not under contract they'll get a comp pick. I see them moving back (a few spots) from the 33rd pick and getting an additional 2nd or 3rd or even 4th rd pick. I see them signing a lot UDFA's who will come here because they have a legit shot.

All this will mean it will take a few games in to get their bearings and then "we have nothing to lose" football and maybe some wins and the fun starts to happen. 6 or 7 wins and the start of a better culture is what I hope for. 

• Pie 2

Without getting into the sunk cost fallacy, the team invested too much in Bryce to not make this season all about him. 

Give him the best chance to succeed so we can move forward. If he blows then we are in a better spot for a new QB or vet to take over. 

• Pie 1

I mean, we could see anything. At least wait until after the draft, rookie camp and OTAs before embarking upon great expectations...

But, just to play along---today---I see three wins as our ceiling. Sorry. That's it. Three!

• Beer 2

i'm predicting nothing this year.

pretty much because i'll actually admit i don't have a clue. 

i'm just along for the ride and hoping that we aren't just miserable to watch and to have a reason for optimism at different points throughout the offseason and regular season.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

Way too early to predict anything reasonable honestly - FA'cy and the draft will be huge factors in that prediction.  But I would expect that we see a heavy investment in the lines and WR room while dealing with these horrible contracts.  I absolutely expect no more than 6-7 wins this year no matter what moves we make.  Our schedule next year is pretty tough as well...KC, Chargers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bengals.  2024 will be painful but productive I believe.  2025 is where I think we start setting real expectations.

Edited by Stingray3030

41 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I mean, we could see anything. At least wait until after the draft, rookie camp and OTAs before embarking upon great expectations...

But, just to play along---today---I see three wins as our ceiling. Sorry. That's it. Three!

I hope you are right. We’ve kind of blown a series of top 10 picks (Iky, Horn, Young x2), that we need top picks and turn them into picks like Cam, Luke, Peppers and Gross.

2 hours ago, Donald LaFell said:

Without getting into the sunk cost fallacy, the team invested too much in Bryce to not make this season all about him. 

Give him the best chance to succeed so we can move forward. If he blows then we are in a better spot for a new QB or vet to take over. 

It's a bitter pill, but it's the truth.