• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Are we low-key tanking? Donnelly thinks we're half-tanking.

43 minutes ago, Tbe said:

There’s expectations and then there’s reality.

We don’t have the talent to compete.

We need many drafts to restock the fridge.

and the reality is they are going to be expect to win, they dont have to be good there is still an expectation of winning, the last 2 coach were fired mid-season and yall think we tanking? 

aint no way

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

mac and bone do not seem like the sharpest knives in the drawer

I tried Charlotte sports radio once, and I couldn't take it. I don't know if it was Mac and Bone, but I wouldn't be surprised. There was a woman on the show too. It was cringeworthy.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

With our cap, I do not see how we can rebuild in a year.  We will know the answer if we trade Burns for 2025 first rounder and other picks.

We can’t, especially with no 1st and we shouldn’t try to do that. We’ve done it for 5-6 years now and it’s gone miserably.

Also, I’ve posted this before. We have no cap issues. After decisions on Brown, Luvu and Burns, we have no big list of young guys we need to extend for lots of money. Fitterer put a kibosh on that with 3 years of terrible drafting.

We have a talent issue right now and we can’t FA our way out of that. We have to draft great value and hit on more than normal to get this team foundation back.

• Pie 1

We've been bad for what like five, six years now? And we've gotten demonstrably worse each year. Our brightest spot has been a fairly okay run by an interim coach that we chose not to hire.

Folks, this ain't tanking. This is a franchise that is swirling around the drain. Where there was once the Destroyt Lions and the Cincinnati Bungles, we have become the Carolina Punthers.

It ain't tanking if you don't have the choice but to suck.

200.gif

• Beer 3

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Or was just Fitt trying to buy a couple more years of employment before he goes back to being a scout

Scott Fitterer was one of the worse talent evaluators i have ever seen in my entire life & whoever hires him to be a scout should be fired on the spot...just saying

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, countryboi said:

and the reality is they are going to be expect to win, they dont have to be good there is still an expectation of winning, the last 2 coach were fired mid-season and yall think we tanking? 

aint no way

At some point, any reasonable fan has to acknowledge that expectations should be set based upon something that correlates with reality (context and circumstances). David Tepper can expect us to win all he likes, but if we don't have the personnel, the draft capital or simply capital under the cap, then winning is more a longshot than anything else. Winning takes patience, and it has arguably been Tepper's impatience---his delusional expectations about winning and winning "now" that has led the franchise right down to the bottom of the barrel. 

Sometimes you have to set yourself up to take your lumps one season, for the long term good of the franchise, to have better seasons in the future. It's part of educated calculations and long term planning.

If you're busted up due to playing physical sports or a physical job, being held together by bandages and Band-Aids, but decide to keep playing---keep working, while your competition is healthy and simply keeps outperforming you day in and day out, at some point you're going to have to let your body heal in order to get back to a high level of production. The Panthers need to heal. We're not going to do that if we keep making boneheaded decisions based upon unrealistic expectations.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

14 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

We've been bad for what like five, six years now? And we've gotten demonstrably worse each year. Our brightest spot has been a fairly okay run by an interim coach that we chose not to hire.

Folks, this ain't tanking. This is a franchise that is swirling around the drain. Where there was once the Destroyt Lions and the Cincinnati Bungles, we have become the Carolina Punthers.

It ain't tanking if you don't have the choice but to suck.

200.gif

yeah you have really bad teams in the NFL & then there is a tier below that one where you have the Carolina Panthers in a category all of their own

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, countryboi said:

aint no way

I don’t think they are going to try and lose on purpose.

They will lose naturally.

• Pie 2

58 minutes ago, Tbe said:

I don’t think they are going to try and lose on purpose.

They will lose naturally.

No team ever tries to lose on purpose. We're going to lose anyway, it's just that it might be with bottom-of-the-barrel type of players, senior citizens and UDFAs. 

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I tried Charlotte sports radio once, and I couldn't take it. I don't know if it was Mac and Bone, but I wouldn't be surprised. There was a woman on the show too. It was cringeworthy.

women, lol. 

I wish they’d let Canales pick his own guy at 33. There’s no way anyone can watch all 16 games last year and think Bryce can hang in this league. 

I do think they’re going full reset this year. Take on cap hits. Set up for a clean slate in 2025 and let Canales pick his guy. Problem is, next years QB class blows 

So this offseason find a WR or two. Fix IOL. See what Ekwonu can do. Then look for your QB again next offseason 

If Canales can get anything out of Bryce then that’ll speak volumes of Canales ability.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1