• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Kaye: Panthers going after starting C

This confirms what I was thinking.  I tried to ignore it, but he was not good--I blamed the reserve guards on each side of him. 

He led the NFL centers in the sacks allowed category.  Our guards were just as bad.  He lacks the ability to slide, I saw him late to pick up stunts and LBs.   I saw him getting bull rushed.  He is a good person and wanted to raise his family here-

57 minutes ago, Steelo said:

I can ususally fix the wrong link, it wasnt working for me this time around.

The link is fine. You just need to wait for the preview to show before submitting.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

He will be gone in the 20s I think.  Probably early 20s.

Powers-Johnson would be great at 33 but a lot of mocks are showing him gone in the 20's.  Zach Fazier from WV is shown in some mocks to still be there at #96 and that would be a really good pickup if the Panthers go WR at 33 which will probably happen.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Zach Frazier at the top of round 3 would be nice.  Plug and play at 60 something, you still get a starter at 33.

McConkey + Frazier would be nice.

I like SVP at UGA but Frazier works too. McConkey is great because he has a high floor.

2 hours ago, amcoolio said:

I'm open to drafting a guard or center at 33. Interior OL is our biggest issue on the entire team.

As much as you want to draft a shiny, glittery WR, the teams that successfully build dynasties use the following rule (and this is not my opinion, I heard somebody say it who knew what they were talking about--forgot who):  Build from the inside out, front to back.   That formula says the OL--and the IOL are the starting points. 

You plug up that middle of the LOS and I promise you, Bryce gets better, the RBs get better, and the WRs get open.  Why? 

The facial pressure on a 5-10 QB takes him off his mark and the second that WRs are open before the DB adjusts closes.

you cannot win if your OL is giving up the A gaps.

• Beer 2