• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Tradewinds & FA News

8 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Texans trade Vikings the #23 pick and a seventh to get Vikings #42, a 2025 second, and a sixth…

image.gif.b7f3310a0563ce71679e99a8c01f90e0.gif

Yeah, this is a pretty head scratching trade for both sides. You almost never see trades like this made until you know who's available. You're gonna feel like a jackass if you're the Texans and #21 comes up and there's a guy you had rated as a top 10 prospect sitting there. Seems like a safer bet for the Vikings, honestly. Gotta be thinking that there's no way you make this trade unless you're DAMN sure there's gonna be a guy who you think is worth it there.

2 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

This is what happens when you over rely on the Jimmy Johnson trade value chart.

Exactly. They didn't even wait for the opportunity to see which players would be available. Seems like a trade that should have happened on draft day.

4 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Exactly. They didn't even wait for the opportunity to see which players would be available. Seems like a trade that should have happened on draft day.

Unless the Vikes are staying aggressive and now looking to use two first and next years to move up very high.

25 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

Yes, it makes sense for the Vikings. But why would the Texans make that deal?

My guess is teams may not view a dip between 12-45ish this year. They maintain that, get ann extra flyer, and gain a second next year.

I see a big drop off early and then a lot of similar value for a bit. Not a deep first but decent late 1st to 3rd talent pool this year.

• Beer 1

I really don't get this move by the Vikings. Why trade away assets to move up when you are still not gonna be able to get any of the top 3 guys in Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, and Jayden Daniels because it's pretty much a lock that all of them will go in the first 3 picks with MHJ going at 4. I mean are they really gonna package 11 and 23 and probably more to get to 5 to jump the Giants for jj mccarthy? 

47 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

I really don't get this move by the Vikings. Why trade away assets to move up when you are still not gonna be able to get any of the top 3 guys in Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, and Jayden Daniels because it's pretty much a lock that all of them will go in the first 3 picks with MHJ going at 4. I mean are they really gonna package 11 and 23 and probably more to get to 5 to jump the Giants for jj mccarthy? 

Maybe packaging a deal to trade for Herbert?