• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers now looking at pick 33 for center?

Jmac

16 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

Top pick would be Biadasz. 

He excels at what Bozeman did poorly (stunt protection, pre-snap communication, & combo-blocking) which seems like those could be priorities for Canales' staff.  He's also only 26.  He's a guy to throw some money at.  I'd also imagine we're looking at Evan Brown from Seattle.

Lol, I always cry a little inside when I see mentions of players who we discussed drafting in here. Biadasz when way later in the 4th than when we took Troy Pride and he went just a handful of picks before we took Kenny Robinson. Those guys played a combined 3 years for us so much better picks than a C one draft after we let Kalil go.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

Center with our first pick which isn't until pick 33, to block for a guy that won't be the starter after next season. What a way to fire up the fan base

I also have a doubt that Young is the guy in the long run. To build the offense for a guy that may not be under center after next season, is troubling.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Give me Damien Lewis and Evan Brown from the seahawks as our new LG and C. Both guys are young, and scheme fits with the added benefit of having already established chemistry with each other. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

Jackson Powers-Johnson would be an outstanding pick, but I have my doubts that he'll be there at #33. A team like Buffalo will snatch him up before we pick.

I agree, would be the dream pick. If we trade Burns for a first rounder we might have a shot.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

at 33 you probably would be getting the best or close to it center that is on your board.  At 33 you are probably getting the 8ish best wr, so I guess its how the value the positions.   Getting the number one center in the draft, while not sexy, would be incredibly helpful

It would be the right thing to do.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

at 33 you probably would be getting the best or close to it center that is on your board.  At 33 you are probably getting the 8ish best wr, so I guess its how the value the positions.   Getting the number one center in the draft, while not sexy, would be incredibly helpful

Eh, it’s also just a really good WR draft.  Lot of mocks have one of the Texas kids there at 33…..and in a less great WR draft that kid wouldn’t go 33rd.  He would go higher. 

I’d rather the Panther dip into FA for OL help.

The LAST thing Bryce Young needs is a rookie C trying to figure it out while he is still attempting to.  Heck, we got enough already on the line for Bryce trying to figure it out like his LT

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

Eh, it’s also just a really good WR draft.  Lot of mocks have one of the Texas kids there at 33…..and in a less great WR draft that kid wouldn’t go 33rd.  He would go higher. 

The LAST thing Bryce Young needs is a rookie C trying to figure it out while he is still attempting to.  Heck, we got enough already on the line for Bryce trying to figure it out like his LT

Yeah Bryce still figuring out if he can throw the ball in the NFL, a rookie center, and a rookie head coach who insists on also calling plays while trying to manage a whole team for the first time? No thanks

• Pie 1

34 minutes ago, CRA said:

A rookie would be rough, but FA is the worst place to find OL. Just not enough of them.

4 minutes ago, Tbe said:

A rookie would be rough, but FA is the worst place to find OL. Just not enough of them.

That would still be where I put by money in FA.  Draft would be all offensive skill positions. 

not only has Bryce struggled on his own.  Now he gets another new offense.  Which is never a good thing.  And you just flat out go too many others on the OL struggling to learn right now. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

That would still be where I put by money in FA.  Draft would be all offensive skill positions. 

not only has Bryce struggled on his own.  Now he gets another new offense.  Which is never a good thing.  And you just flat out go too many others on the OL struggling to learn right now. 

Anyone we get in FA is going to be below average to bad. Teams don’t discard good OL.

I’d rather have a talented rookie who will improve vs a Jag on the decline.