• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Chase Young visiting Panthers

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Depends on if they want DE or OLB style guys. Shaq Barret, Isaiah Simmons, Bud Dupree, Haynes, and for DE's nothing really. Yannick?

Isaiah Simmons makes me sad.  The too often reality of a positionless player.  Chinn and Simmons are great talents.  I still think dudes like them are worth a shot.  High risk but you got to think some coach could figure it out. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

14 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, wasn't the rumor he was almost benched last year for lack of effort/caring......on a stacked/SB favored team?  I mean, he was setup to excel in SF.  You can't give him attention on that D. 

I don't want him.  He is just a name that would cash a check. 

In the midst of a playoff run. 

Vet minimum only. He certainly is no Dawg. 

1 minute ago, mcsmoak said:

Clowney finished 3rd in the heisman race 3 weeks before that hit 

True but there was always an oddness to Clowney.  He got that random high school hype you rarely see in football.   I mean, he was basically deemed great before ever being it.  Not saying he wasn't good in college.  He was.  Not sure he was ever a great football player.  He just hit the talent lotto early and big. 

Devil's advocate--imagine if you were his agent.

He is 24, has been injured.  Has all the tools.  Needs a prove it deal. 

Great opportunity in Carolina and I doubt you can fill all your holes.

His goal, on a small one-year contract is to get more sacks that Burns in NY, more pressures, and more tackles. 

Edited by MHS831

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

True but there was always an oddness to Clowney.  He got that random high school hype you rarely see in football.   I mean, he was basically deemed great before ever being it.  Not saying he wasn't good in college.  He was.  Not sure he was ever a great football player.  He just hit the talent lotto early and big. 

I understand your viewpoint.  I think he was great in his sophomore season especially.   Prob should have been drafted by a team that ran a 4-3, rather than playing OLB, and microfracture surgery as a rookie probably didnt help his future prospects either.   

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Imagine if they both get redemption and become the face of our franchise for the next 10 years.

Plot twist...

let me call up the NFL script writers 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1