• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chinn gone

I liked Chinn. Sucks to see him go. I'll always remember that highlight game he had. Could argue we didn't use him and squandered him. On the flip side you could argue that he not unlike Burns was in the mold of an although talented player he just didn't have that consistent game changer mentality. Maybe we've gotten hung up on players that flashed just enough to give us hope. Even Kony Ealy looked pretty good in SB50. Doesn't make a career though.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Is it a promotion if he's likely the only one willing to take the job?

I do think it's likely that our list of candidates at GM and HC likely started where everyone else's ended. The guys with other options were gonna choose other options.

3 minutes ago, frankw said:

I liked Chinn. Sucks to see him go. I'll always remember that highlight game he had. Could argue we didn't use him and squandered him. On the flip side you could argue that he not unlike Burns was in the mold of an although talented player he just didn't have that consistent game changer mentality. Maybe we've gotten hung up on players that flashed just enough to give us hope. Even Kony Ealy looked pretty good in SB50. Doesn't make a career though.

But how often do you see a runner up for DROY moved completely out of the position they were playing? That made no damn sense and still doesn't. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

But how often do you see a runner up for DROY moved completely out of the position they were playing? That made no damn sense and still doesn't. 

Certainly the revolving door with the coaching staff did him no favors.