• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic projection for #33as of March 21

8 hours ago, 45catfan said:

We need an edge, literally and figuratively.   There will be plenty of WRs still available at the top of the 3rd round.  Pass rushers drop off fairly quickly.  So WR/OLB at #33 and #39 and then WR again at #65 I'd be cool with.

I posted this earlier, but during the last great WR draft class (prospects, not all delivered), from picks 17-38 there were these WRs selected:

Lamb, JJefferson, Aiyuk, Higgins and Pittman

These were the edge rushers:

Chaisson and YGM

The edge class isn’t deep or strong. The WR class is. I don’t trust our scouting at all but there will be some solid WRs available to us that will very likely be much better than the edges available.

I’m with @*FreeFua* that I wouldn’t mind two Wars knowing that it’s likely BPA. 33, IMHO should be the most talented player that slipped. I’m hoping we get lucky.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Sorry, but our record drafting 2nd round WRs means nothing.

The further back you go, the more ridiculous the concept is.

New GM, new HC. New crop of WRs. Scouting department will have cycled through quite a lot of people over the years.

History is no indication of future events here.

• Pie 3

12 hours ago, AceMan said:

Super agreed!!!

Moose set such a bad precedent in the 2nd round for our franchise (even though he was great)...we literally can not stop trying to draft a "possession" WR in the 2nd because of him.

I agree with the last part.  Just because as a franchise we sucked at drafing wrs in round 2 doesnt mean the new front office shouldnt draft one in round 2.  The main thing that scares me is their continued infatuation with big possession receivers.   Mingo and apparently Legette/Coleman.   Those are what never pan out that often from college to the pros.

21 hours ago, 45catfan said:

We need an edge, literally and figuratively.   There will be plenty of WRs still available at the top of the 3rd round.  Pass rushers drop off fairly quickly.  So WR/OLB at #33 and #39 and then WR again at #65 I'd be cool with.

Best. Player. Available.

Our roster is awful, don't reach for positions. If the BPA at #33 is clearly an OT you take him (I chose OT as the example 'cos we have two highly paid ones and you can't easily shift Ikey inside anymore with our recent FA acquisitions).

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

Best. Player. Available.

Our roster is awful, don't reach for positions. If the BPA at #33 is clearly an OT you take him (I chose OT as the example 'cos we have two highly paid ones and you can't easily shift Ikey inside anymore with our recent FA acquisitions).

At #33, there's really not a reach at most positions of need with exception to TE.  WR, CB, OLB, DL, and OL will have players to choose from without reaching. 

• Pie 2

On 3/24/2024 at 9:21 PM, Jackie Lee said:

I just looked it up, 478 yards and 2 tds? Missed a month with back issues? eh. 

Yeah, and he has small arms and hands. He doesn't look great at anything from what I've watched of him.

Here's the opinions of some fans from his ESPN draft grade.

• Beer 1

59 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

Yeah, and he has small arms and hands. He doesn't look great at anything from what I've watched of him.

Here's the opinions of some fans from his ESPN draft grade.

I'd take him day 3 maybe but I don't think we even really need him w Diontae on the roster. If he wasn't on Georgia he could easily be just a CJ Saunders type dude at the next level. Cooper Kupp was putting up like 1700 yards a season in college and went 3rd round. Give me a guy that actually put up numbers, not a guy that had like half of what Mingo had his senior year which was still underwhelming