• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tomlin on Diontae as a Panther gives me some anxiety

3 hours ago, rayzor said:

sometimes a good thing is just a good thing. 

it's a good thing that happened. let it be just a good thing that happened. you know, until/unless it turns out to not be one. but just focus on the idea that this might just be a good thing for us and be glad it did. it's ok to enjoy things like this from time to time.

Knock that positive poo out. Its only gloom and doom for people like the OP and myself. This dumpster is on fire and no one has to take a piss.

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Mike Tomlin puts up with plenty of stuff. 

but Mike Tomlin's track record of getting rid of WRs.....is bad news for us.  Wallace, Brown, Holmes, Juju, Chase... Tomlin has almost an uncanny timing to date with that. 

3 hours ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

We have literally next to nothing invested in him. If he becomes a problem this year just don't re-sign him.

The Steelers have a ridiculously long line of talented but highly troubled WRs.

There is also Burress, Martavius Bryant,  and I suspect Thigpen will be a headache soon. Emmanuel Sanders if the only one of the bunch that wasn't a well known lunatic. It is as if the Steelers have a WR factory and they all have the same brain defects.

• Pie 2

we basically gave up nothing for him and haven't done anything stupid like signing him to an extension before watching him play (cough sam darnold cough). 

It was an excellent move to improve our WR room considering our limited resources and a poor pool of FA options 

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, CRA said:

but Mike Tomlin's track record of getting rid of WRs.....is bad news for us.  Wallace, Brown, Holmes, Juju, Chase... Tomlin has almost an uncanny timing to date with that. 

Right...if he was worth a damn Pittsburgh would have kept him.  We're really not out of anything if he doesn't.

Edited by Johnstonny

4 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Public Service Announcement:

Can we please stop calling guys “DJ” on this board.  Diontae works just great for this player.

Well, one of his nicknames is DJ The Playmaker, so... 

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

Better use of energy than expecting things to go south

Who is expecting? I gave a reasonable statement that happens. Wide receiver is the most diva position in football next to qb, when certain guys dont get the ball they lash out and show questionable behavior not every receiver is gonna have a level held like thielen when they dont get the ball. Like someone just said the steelers track record with problem child receivers is crazy for this alone and then they get rid of all of them eventually so its just something to keep an eye on. It sounds like you just need to do some more research before just assuming "fine" as if its nothing there at all.

5 hours ago, CRA said:

It was just a player who had no future here. 

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

Golden Girls Rose GIF by TV Land

For the record, I'm not all gloom and doom. I think we may best last season's win total by one until proven otherwise. Bryce is going to have to improve a whole helluva lot before I believe that we will win more than three games, and I probably won't believe it until I see it. Even still, I like the moves that we've made in free agency. If not Bryce, somebody will eventually benefit. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Who is expecting? I gave a reasonable statement that happens. Wide receiver is the most diva position in football next to qb, when certain guys dont get the ball they lash out and show questionable behavior not every receiver is gonna have a level held like thielen when they dont get the ball. Like someone just said the steelers track record with problem child receivers is crazy for this alone and then they get rid of all of them eventually so its just something to keep an eye on. It sounds like you just need to do some more research before just assuming "fine" as if its nothing there at all.

Lol just a little defensive here.

calm down chill out GIF