• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral dropping a dime

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He didn't and we moved on. I wasn't mad about that. Corral wasn't it. We're still all in on another one though because of the investment we made.

I'm not upset about it at all either. Just more of a statement about how much QBs actually regressed under Rhule. Rhule was something special, in a necrotic STD sort of way. 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I'm not upset about it at all either. Just more of a statement about how much QBs actually regressed under Rhule. Rhule was something special, in a necrotic STD sort of way. 

Rhule never wanted to develop a young QB. His college teams were always driven but good D and "good enough" offense. They were carried by defense. He wanted to do the same in the NFL. Just give me a vet who can be "good enough" and that'll be good enough. I really don't know how Tepper fell for him. Tepper has been an awful owner but he's right that NFL success comes down to GM, HC, and QB. Everything else is a want, but you NEED those three pieces of you want to consistently compete. He's just absolutely awful at identifying those three pieces.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

He never really had a chance under Rhule the fool. There was never any QB development for anyone under that idiot. 

Just think how many Huddlers who would've given up on Peyton Manning after his first season. I can almost see all the premature posts deriding one of the best ever.

6 hours ago, top dawg said:

Just think how many Huddlers who would've given up on Peyton Manning after his first season. I can almost see all the premature posts deriding one of the best ever.

This remains such an absurd assertion to make. Rookie Manning threw for 3700 yards and 26 TDs in the tail end of ground-and-pound, mug the receiver, rookie QB sits for a year or more before playing, 1990s football. He threw picks, sure, but he was very obviously an NFL QB most every week. His rookie season is in no way comparable to recent Carolina rookie seasons on the modern NFL.

On topic, that was a hell of a throw. Good for Matt.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

7 hours ago, top dawg said:

If Young would have broken the rookie passing record like Manning we would all be excited.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KSpan said:

This remains such an absurd assertion to make. Rookie Manning threw for 3700 yards and 26 TDs in the tail end of ground-and-pound, mug the receiver, rookie QB sits for a year or more before playing, 1990s football. He threw picks, sure, but he was very obviously an NFL QB most every week. His rookie season is in no way comparable to recent Carolina rookie seasons on the modern NFL.

3 hours ago, Shotgun said:

If Young would have broken the rookie passing record like Manning we would all be excited.

QBs that throw more INTs than TDs are NOT going to start in this league for any appreciable time. They are going to take the express lane to the bench. 

I KNOW there would've been plenty Huddlers talking poo about Manning. He would not have been welcomed with open arms.

Edited by top dawg

4 hours ago, KSpan said:

100% this. He at least looked like he had a future in the NFL. Young never did.