• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette and Peyton Wilson 33 and 39

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I have no earthly clue why people want to keep drafting the same type of wr repeatedly and expect a different result on the field. 

How about drafting a dude with legitimate speed and separation with legitimate college production instead of protecting big lumbering dudes to be the next dk Metcalf??

This is why my favorite wr are Troy Franklin and Xavier Worthy

On the bigger side I wouldn't mind Keon. Or even Sanders at TE.

But at 33 it'll have to be between Ladd, AD, Worthy, and Franklin. I'd still add Leggette. Man ran a 4.3 but he's not as shifty...

Or wait until later...

Corley... don't sleep. 

Malik Washington 

Pearsall... Polk 

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Isn’t that the dilemma, though?  Are we drafting to give Bryce ‘weapons’ and help him succeed, or to build the best damn team roster to set us up for years to come.  BPA if it’s the later but, I fear we are drafting, in part, to make Bryce successful and prove he isn’t a bust.

Bryce is a major bust but Teppers wife won’t agree. Passing on Wilson will be like us not taking shroud.  

• Pie 1
  • Poo 1

5 minutes ago, bythenbrs said:

Isn’t that the dilemma, though?  Are we drafting to give Bryce ‘weapons’ and help him succeed, or to build the best damn team roster to set us up for years to come.  BPA if it’s the later but, I fear we are drafting, in part, to make Bryce successful and prove he isn’t a bust.

That’s the dilemma though. If Bryce is not successful, the Panthers aren’t successful. And we’ve invested too much already to help him succeed. It wouldn’t make sense to invest all that on blocking but not other players that would fit what our QB does well. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

I have no earthly clue why people want to keep drafting the same type of wr repeatedly and expect a different result on the field. 

How about drafting a dude with legitimate speed and separation with legitimate college production instead of projecting big lumbering dudes to be the next dk Metcalf??

I like AD but I doubt he makes it to 33.  Worthy is fast but VERY small.  Honest question, who was the last Pac12 WR to make a big impact?  Addison comes to mind, but he was producing with Pitt before he transferred...  I feel like that division airs it out with no defense so the WRs look great.  That kind of concerns me with Troy Franklin, but I would be on board if we draft him.  His measurables look great.  

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My concerns are that Leggette seems like a carbon copy of Mingo on paper and Wilson's laundry list of injury history. He's a helluva LB but availability can be just as vital as playing ability as we see with Horn.

"On paper" really doesn't equate to anything except possibly measurables, and a lot of receivers and players in general have the same measurables. That's not what makes or breaks a player. 

I just thought I'd state that since so many people want to equate Mingo and Legette. SMH

1 hour ago, countryboi said:

I wouldn’t hate the idea, I would also be on with a double up at WR or a Center. 

I don't understand the double up at WR crowd.

Are people just not high on Diontae Johnson?

This guys is one of the best WR's at creating seperation. He's had a 1000 yard season a few years ago and he's still in his prime. We already upraded from Thielen. And we still have to work Mingo in the mix.

I think 1 WR is enough considering we have other holes to fill. If the Johnson trade didn't happen I could see the case for doubling up at WR, but we still have to figure out what we have in Mingo.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I don't understand the double up at WR crowd.

Are people just not high on Diontae Johnson?

This guys is one of the best WR's at creating seperation. He's had a 1000 yard season a few years ago and he's still in his prime. We already upraded from Thielen. And we still have to work Mingo in the mix.

I think 1 WR is enough considering we have other holes to fill. If the Johnson trade didn't happen I could see the case for doubling up at WR, but we still have to figure out what we have in Mingo.

Johnson is on the last year of his deal, we need to plan for a possible life without him. 

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, Hoenheim said:

How about drafting a dude with legitimate speed and separation with legitimate college production instead of projecting big lumbering dudes to be the next dk Metcalf??

Because those guys just as easily turn out to be John Ross and Jacoby Ford. 

Catching is just as important as separating. 

7 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Johnson is on the last year of his deal, we need to plan for a possible life without him. 

I'm actually expecting him to be our #1 WR moving forward. He's literally the perfect WR you need for a QB like Bryce. He gets open and Bryce gets the ball out of his hands quickly.

I'm expecting him to be a pro bowl WR for us.

• Pie 1

36 minutes ago, top dawg said:

"On paper" really doesn't equate to anything except possibly measurables, and a lot of receivers and players in general have the same measurables. That's not what makes or breaks a player. 

I just thought I'd state that since so many people want to equate Mingo and Legette. SMH

That's kinda what people do with draft prospects though, talk about NFL comps.