• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xavier Legette and Peyton Wilson 33 and 39

2 hours ago, Lame Duck said:

And this… 
image.thumb.jpeg.28483a21c7039bc19ea117bc3535c4ed.jpeg

We need a smooth route runner.

Damn Mingo !?!... 

Nah, I'm not giving up on him yet. I remember my patience for Derrick Brown when everyone was ready to move on. And from everything I've seen/heard about him... Mingo's work ethic should keep him far from complacent. 

That chart is wild though. Suprised to see Brian Thomas Jr at that spot. Gotta do more research on Franklin. 

And Leggette is a different breed. We need that redzone threat. 

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh lord, how many times did I hear that when I expressed concerns about Bryce Young's diminutive size and weak arm about this time last year? LOLOLOL

Plenty of NFL types expressed those same concerns. Plenty of them. Hell, Parcells said that "he better walk on water."  Plenty of people outside of the Huddle said that they would've picked Stroud. So, your apples to oranges comparison is really what's funny. Bryce wouldn't even have been picked by a lot of people, much less first overall or even at all.

Edited by top dawg

4 hours ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Even better. Darius Robinson would be a monster in this defense alongside Brown and Clowney. I just have a feeling he goes late 1st round.

Yeah if he's there, there definitely has to be a discussion.

• Beer 1

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Plenty of NFL types expressed those same concerns. Plenty of them. Hell, Parcells said that "he better walk on water."  Plenty of people outside of the Huddle said that they would've picked Stroud. So, your apples to oranges comparison is really what's funny. Bryce wouldn't even have been picked by a lot of people, much less first overall or even at all.

And Legette is considered a 3rd round pick by many of the "experts". The Mingo comp really isn't crazy off. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And Legette is considered a 3rd round pick by many of the "experts". The Mingo comp really isn't crazy off. 

Reminds of last year draft where folks ate up what was said by the “analysts”.  XL big issue is route running, he has everything else going for him.  Route running is everything in the NFL.  I’m down with XL but definitely not at 33.  No way.

• Flames 1

They're both big bodies athletes with good speed, questionable agility, and route trees that need significant work. IMO, we need a technician. Get me the best route runner available. We have enough athletes who we hope can develop into NFL WRs.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yup. BR scouting report is unkind. 

Many of Legette's pain points come down to refinement. He is not skilled at battling at the line of scrimmage, nor is he a developed route-runner who can mix up his approach to keep defensive backs guessing. He plays with a fairly straightforward approach.

Additionally, Legette can struggle to work back to the ball and make himself friendly to the quarterback. That shows up most on timing routes or when Legette is running across the field and needs to attack the ball so defensive backs don't undercut the route.

Legette is an intriguing prospect with size, adequate speed and ball skills. The concern is that Legette is not a dynamic mover, and he is still a work in progress when it comes to the finer parts of the position. Legette would be best in a play-action heavy system that enables his vertical ability and ball skills.

GRADE: 7.1 (High-Level Backup/Potential Starter — 3rd Round)

OVERALL RANK: 67

POSITION RANK: WR13

PRO COMPARISON: Kenny Britt

• Pie 1