• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donnelly on Hayden Hurst and a comment he made about the Panthers

Hurst evidently said there was no point in returning last season because of the front office after he was cleared to return.

There's a bit of talk about how a team can tank through roster makeup and off-season decisions but this is mostly about Hurst.

I mean... guy was stuck in the mud slow. Tremble showed so much more, and had more years on his contract to remain with the team while at the same time being the younger player.

I don't have issues with the staff telling Hurst w/e he needed to hear to get his benching to be more palatable. 

• Pie 4

Hurst, who was with the Panthers last season and is now with the Chargers, said that he could have returned late last season, but the Panthers’ front office felt it made more sense for him to rest up, given that Carolina had the worst record in the NFL.

• Pie 1

Big nothing burger in my opinion.  Tons of reasons to sit on that team last year.  Why risk injury again when we can evaluate someone else with our dismal record? 

Plenty of reasons to complain, but I don't think this is a big deal.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 3

55 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Hurst, who was with the Panthers last season and is now with the Chargers, said that he could have returned late last season, but the Panthers’ front office felt it made more sense for him to rest up, given that Carolina had the worst record in the NFL.

Well, from what I read Hurst say, the FO did essentially say that there was no point in Hurst returning. I mean I kinda skimmed it, but I could've sworn I read that.

I mean .... it's not like we're talking about prime Kelce here. 

Hurst was a huge disappointment pre Injury imo. Great guy...but just wasn't working out. 

After his first TD he just faded away. I think they were moreso trying to save him from the risk and possible embarrassment of being a 3rd backup behind Tremble and Sullivan. 

Side note: Dan Arnold was a guy we should have never let walk. That said, Wiley, Bell or Stover on Day Three could be the answer.