• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you risk early pick on Peyton Wilson?

Jmac

28 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I do worry about him being 24 years old at camp and he very likely could be toast by the time his rookie contract is up. Not ideal for a 2nd round pick

Jesus christ....i didnt know he was already 24 yrs old

• Pie 1

But on the flipside if he is as good as everyone thinks then i dont see why he wont go in the first round. If Jack campbell went in the first round last year i dont see why this guy wont do the same.

In my view, there are not many ILBs in this draft. 

We know that we need an impact player at WR---after that, I am not sure what our biggest need is--TE?  C? LB?  CB? 

After adding 3 Edge players in free agency, I do not see us adding another.  Not really sure about DL.  Does the new kickoff rule impact anything?  This is very difficult

Not at 33. I'd still be scared at 39, but would be cautiously optimistic/thrilled to have him. If he stays healthy, he's one of the steals of the draft and a difference maker for a defense that needs more leadership now and once Shaq is done. 

Also been said in ways, but I think his injury history won't impact Morgan THAT much. Morgan sees a dawg LB with an injury history when he looks in the mirror. I think he's willing to roll the dice on Payton if he's there at 39.

6 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

3rd at the earliest, LBer is not an immediate need with Shaq, and Jewell penciled in as starters, all but inked. 

We took Kuechly with beason still here.  He played outside the first year.  I think it's going to happen at 39 honestly

Edited by jfra78
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

In my view, there are not many ILBs in this draft. 

We know that we need an impact player at WR---after that, I am not sure what our biggest need is--TE?  C? LB?  CB? 

After adding 3 Edge players in free agency, I do not see us adding another.  Not really sure about DL.  Does the new kickoff rule impact anything?  This is very difficult

Depends ... but I do think Dan has a target for this dude already laid out. NO DOUBT in my mind he's in love with the prospect of either Wilson and Cooper. If I had to put money on it...if either one of them are on the board, they'll be a Panther. 

As for needs it depends on how they view those exact positions. I think center is a glaring need but they seem to have Corbett locked in to the position. With a GM in his first draft and Canales as HC "everything" is on the table.

Hell the Wildcard is the fact we brought in Bo Nix for a top 30 visit.

• Pie 3

34 minutes ago, ColumbusCounty said:

That is something I did not know--and I can say that the Panthers are targeting Peyton Wilson with confidence---He processes the plays more quickly.  

If Bo Nix drops to 39, do you take him?  It would screw us up on paper, but not having all eggs in one basket at QB might be smarter than having depth at CB or LB. Screw hurting anyone's feelings--he would be a good value and give you a backup (on way or another).  He is about 18 months older than Bryce, fwiw.

I see Denver making a play for Nix, but maybe moving up in round 2--but they do not have a second rounder, so it could get interesting. 

I figured Penix (with his injury history) would fall as well, and I think the Raiders are going to go after him.

No to Bo Nix. He sucked at Auburn and went out west to put up some numbers. He is old too. Brown was his teammate at Auburn. If we are wanting an old rookie QB who went out west to put up stats, Penix is the better of the 2 IMO. 

Bojangles would love to sponsor Bo though…

1 hour ago, ColumbusCounty said:

This is really a wildcard situation I didn’t know that we’re actually acting like a professional team Bryce may or may not be a good QB adding another talented QB is how we stay competitive.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

If Bo Nix drops to 39, do you take him?  It would screw us up on paper, but not having all eggs in one basket at QB might be smarter than having depth at CB or LB. Screw hurting anyone's feelings--he would be a good value and give you a backup (on way or another).  He is about 18 months older than Bryce, fwiw.

This is something to really think about. I understand we have needs but having a talented QB who can get the job done is essential to our team growing and returning to a competitive ball club. Let’s say we end up without any early drafted CB’s we could easily add a free agent vet to get us by. A lot of teams lack in an area or two but good QB play usually makes up for it.

5 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Jesus christ....i didnt know he was already 24 yrs old

This is more common lately, and the next couple of years, with a lot of college players taking advantage of the extra COVID year. 

4 hours ago, MHS831 said:

That is something I did not know--and I can say that the Panthers are targeting Peyton Wilson with confidence---He processes the plays more quickly.  

I see Denver making a play for Nix, but maybe moving up in round 2--but they do not have a second rounder, so it could get interesting. 

I figured Penix (with his injury history) would fall as well, and I think the Raiders are going to go after him.

Just getting extra info on Franklin trying to get Bryce his Jameson Williams