• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft a QB or Nix the idea?

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No QB.

Sanders is ours for the taking if Bryce doesn't pan out.

Oh Jesus. That's exactly what this organization needs. Dealing with Deion's chirping to draft another QB who isn't a high level NFL prospect. Hell, sounds like something that would be right out of Tepper's playbook though.

• Pie 6

I recall some teams taking 2 QBs in the draft (not sure about consecutive years) and it turned out.  Aikman and took Steve Walsh (going from memory, so correct any mistakes) that same year in the supplemental draft.  Of course, perhaps the richest QB ever was selected  in the fourth round behind RGIII. 

I think Brock Purdy and his success in SF after playing a lot of ball in college has opened some eyes. 

If you are the Panthers, you draft a QB in round 2 to develop to be a backup and compete.  I do not get why anyone should think that competition for the starting QB is a bad thing.  Iron sharpens Iron. 

My perspective, however, is that we have Dalton for this season, but who are we getting next year, if we need to develop a Young replacement?  In other words, if you think Bryce sucks and you think we should not waste a pick on a QB this season, then my question would be, "Then you are good with keeping Bryce for 2 seasons?"  Next year, Dalton is gone and we have a bust QB in year 3--if Canales fails to bring him along. 

We are not in a great situation, and the blame goes to the dotards that are no longer here and Tepper, the lone supreme dotard.

Having said that, it is my view that Bryce would be better off with a seasoned veteran in his ear than a developing rookie, so I say that going "all in" on Bryce may be the way to go--not the ideal way...

• Pie 1

and say no to bo...or really any QB this year. 

do what we can to give BY every opportunity for success or at least substantial improvement. 

if it's not there, then we try again next year. but at least it couldn't be said that we didn't even try or give it a full effort.

we invested that much into him...we have to give it a real honest go with a real team around him and a non-dysfunctional coaching staff. 

• Pie 4

Too much investment. But, I am 100% behind requiring our QB to win the job in a legit competition. 

You have to have that competition. I am more on Rattler if he happened to be there at 101. Get somebody with a possible future in here that can compete.

That is showing me you want to win. 

Edited by strato
  • Pie 3

2 hours ago, ChuckWag78 said:

No QB this year. All in on Bryce this year. No QB Battle distractions. Make it or break it year.  

Thats not necesarrily how it works, if Bryce stinks it up again you need somebody that can come in and perform. We as fans look at as tanking if he does and you pick your qb next year so its cool but the team just isnt gonna operate like that and the players will not be comfortable with that. If anything a QB battle should push bryce, if it doesnt then he is a lost cause.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No QB.

Sanders is ours for the taking if Bryce doesn't pan out.

I feel you but Deions remarks  make me think he'd not want his son around Tepper. 

15 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Thats not necesarrily how it works, if Bryce stinks it up again you need somebody that can come in and perform. We as fans look at as tanking if he does and you pick your qb next year so its cool but the team just isnt gonna operate like that and the players will not be comfortable with that. If anything a QB battle should push bryce, if it doesnt then he is a lost cause.

That is how the media works though.  I don't want to hear about it all year. For 2024, Bryce is the guy. There is almost no scenario where I would pull him, outside of injury, for the backup.  

You aren’t going to expect a big contribution the first year from a 4th round QB.  If Young really doesn’t show a whole lot better then maybe you can see what the new guy looks like the last few games ands maybe that helps get him ready for the next year. 

I just think they are in a situation where they need upgrading of that position wherever it comes from. I see the adding weapons to juice up the offense so it may look better but I only expect marginal improvement from Young himself. 

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

I recall some teams taking 2 QBs in the draft (not sure about consecutive years) and it turned out.  Aikman and took Steve Walsh (going from memory, so correct any mistakes) that same year in the supplemental draft.  Of course, perhaps the richest QB ever was selected  in the fourth round behind RGIII. 

I think Brock Purdy and his success in SF after playing a lot of ball in college has opened some eyes. 

If you are the Panthers, you draft a QB in round 2 to develop to be a backup and compete.  I do not get why anyone should think that competition for the starting QB is a bad thing.  Iron sharpens Iron. 

My perspective, however, is that we have Dalton for this season, but who are we getting next year, if we need to develop a Young replacement?  In other words, if you think Bryce sucks and you think we should not waste a pick on a QB this season, then my question would be, "Then you are good with keeping Bryce for 2 seasons?"  Next year, Dalton is gone and we have a bust QB in year 3--if Canales fails to bring him along. 

We are not in a great situation, and the blame goes to the dotards that are no longer here and Tepper, the lone supreme dotard.

Having said that, it is my view that Bryce would be better off with a seasoned veteran in his ear than a developing rookie, so I say that going "all in" on Bryce may be the way to go--not the ideal way...

Kirk Cousins and Brock Purdy weren’t taken in the 2nd round.  I think the difference is significant.

5 hours ago, ChuckWag78 said:

That is how the media works though.  I don't want to hear about it all year. For 2024, Bryce is the guy. There is almost no scenario where I would pull him, outside of injury, for the backup.  

If it's about winning, then Bryce has to be pullable. If it's not, then why the hell are you playing the game? 

• Pie 4