• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Miller: 1st round could have 8 WR’s

reason to believe that one of the last two will be there at 33.  I'm good with X or LMC there.  There may be an edge that looks really good, but we have so many holes to fill, take the help for Young and at our second pick, BPA will surely fit one of our holes. 

Imho, after WR, we need corner, edge, lb, center, te, and dl.  We will get excellent value at the second pick.  Take the wr at 33. 

• Pie 2

I wouldnt pay much attention to what is said about the draft right now.   It seems just after the season the media is fairly accurate but as the draft gets closer and closer the media come up with their own narratives more and more about whose stock is up or down etc and it seems to get less and less accurate as the draft gets closer.

• Pie 3

41 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

Good. Possibly 5 QBs go as well, we grab a top 20 talent player at CB or DE if this happens. A run on any specific position + the super deep QB class this year only helps us 

And there will be tons of OTs going as well, I think we will get a very very good non WR at 33, and potentially 39, and then draft a WR in round 3.

• Pie 1

I'm not saying it's going to happen or to expect it even, but be ready for it and also be ready for 1) someone to fall that wasn't expected that we can get and take advantage of and 2) us to draft a WR earlier than what most mock/draftnik boards had them at.

Doing that doesn't mean failure, btw.

Drafts don't necessarily abide by the boards of mockers and draftniks. The draft is or can be a very unpredictable beast and you're going to have to be able to ditch your plan and adapt/react on a dime.

• Pie 3

7 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

As of today, our biggest current need is CB not WR 

Even if I believe that, the problem is that there are maybe a couple of corners projected in that range that would be a good value: Kool-Aid McInstry and maybe T.J. Tampa. But they aren't locks to be graded higher than a receiver that may fall, and the way things seem to be presently going, I'd say that we're putting a premium on receiver.

11 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Simms through in 10 offensive lineman. At this point with 50 first rounders predicted we can take a top five defensive player, lol.

Someone is full of horse shizz!

I think I read that there are about 22 players with first round grades this year, and normally that number is around 18-which indicates that there is more depth in this draft than others.  OT, QB, WR---loaded this year.  I also like the CB crop after day 1.  This draft fits our needs pretty well, and it seems, based on free agency that we are positioned to get a WR, ILB, and then CB in this draft.  I expect a TE later.  I understand the desire to draft a C, but they are showing no signs of it.  Looks like Corbett and Mays are the guys.

To me, ILB has less depth and is better at the top (thinking round 2 here) than CB, so I expect to see the #33 pick to be a WR and the #39 pick to be an ILB.  Pick 65 could be a TE or CB.  I also think we could double dip at ILB or CB.

• Pie 2