• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper's latest mock has us trading 33

4 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It was still a bad trade. We gave up our entire offense prior to doing so. You don't do that if you're going all in for a qb. It was and still is a dumb idea.

Sure, I wish in addition to picking the right QB we had given Burns instead of Moore, but offensive pieces are a lot easier to find than the QB. You gotta do what you gotta do to get that piece. 

11 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

There's gotta be something to this. Almost every mock that I've done includes us getting offer packages that include a 2025 #1. There has to be something in their algorithms that make this a realistic possibility.

If that happens, no one would criticize Dan and he should take such an offer first and figure it out later.

EDIT: Case in point, I started a mock literally right after this post and got 2 offers from DEN and SEA, both of which included a 2025 1st. The SEA offer was vastly superior:

Screenshot_20240411_072512_Chrome.thumb.jpg.bec7392ca9c991788d57f0809bef47c3.jpg

Nearly everyone on this forum believes 2024 Panthers will not be in a position to make the playoffs.  I think this would be a great trade. Seattle has a new coaching staff and a rookie QB. Chances are they don't make the playoffs either which means that the 2025 pick will be top 10. That gives us 2 top 10 picks in 2025 and possibly put us in a position to make the playoffs in 2025-26 season.

We still have #39 to grab a WR,LB or C/G.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Sure, I wish in addition to picking the right QB we had given Burns instead of Moore, but offensive pieces are a lot easier to find than the QB. You gotta do what you gotta do to get that piece. 

How did they do in finding those offensive pieces last year? Just admit this team was in no shape or form ready to do what they did last offseason. They will not be ready next year either. If they are not picking in the top 5 just move on to another position or take whatever is available. 

3 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Swapping picks just for a second next year is fuging hilarious. Trading down is for suckers.

You must look at the value. If your draft is not value-driven, then you probably aren't doing it right. 

42 minutes ago, rodeo said:

Swapping picks just for a second next year is fuging hilarious. Trading down is for suckers.

sometimes it is, sometimes its not. if Morgan can scout, we're good. If he can't we're cooked, but we'd be cooked either way, trade or otherwise cause the root problem is not pick value, its scouting talent. 

4 hours ago, rodeo said:

If we could magically walk away with Ladd, JPJ, and a 2nd next year I would be all for it.  I doubt those players will be available at those picks though....

4 hours ago, rodeo said:

I mean da bears have it next year and the best time to gain it back is during the draft. 

Im a sucker soo long as it comes with a massive overpay. Id nearly never trade up, much prefer to add darts than lose them...

5 hours ago, top dawg said:

You must look at the value. If your draft is not value-driven, then you probably aren't doing it right. 

We come out behind in 2024 draft value in this trade. Instead of picking up someone who absolutely will have a 1st round grade at pick 33, we're swapping them for a future middle of the round 2nd rounder next year. It's just a dumb trade.

Trading a quarter for 2 dimes, when we're in the middle of a rebuild.