• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kiper's latest mock has us trading 33

If someone is offering us a first next year then yeah you heavily consider and likely take that. But that does seem like a bit of a too good to be true scenario.

I'm just not keen to buy into trading down in general after seeing the aftermath of Fitterer's wheeling and dealing. Just about everyone loved that poo at the time. Now his former best friend is our GM.

I'm more than okay with just taking whatever top talent is available at our respective picks if that's what we do.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

It's OK. Kiper is hardly ever right.

8 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

I cannot understand why anyone listens to that goober. He hasn't ever got a single pick right. He's a bum.

All mock drafts are wrong, but they do give you a measure of insight. Here is Brendan Donahue's mock:

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2024-nfl-mock-draft-brendan-donahue/

He is apparently more accurate than most and has us trading up to 21 to draft Brian Thomas. 

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Edited by top dawg

14 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Why would a team trade for #33 without knowing who's available?

What?  The first and second round are on different days.  We have the first pick of the 2nd round.  Panthers can trade the pick the day of the 2nd round before it officially starts.  Teams will know who is available at #33 once Night One is over.

If the Panthers plan on trading #33, then I think they will (and would be wise) to do it before night two of the draft starts.  That way they can strategize with their new draft position or negotiate with more teams.

Edited by Mage

6 minutes ago, Mage said:

What?  The first and second round are on different days.  We have the first pick of the 2nd round.  Panthers can trade the pick the day of the 2nd round before it officially starts.  Teams will know who is available at #33 once Night One is over.

If the Panthers plan on trading #33, then I think they will (and would be wise) to do it before night two of the draft starts.  That way they can strategize with their new draft position or negotiate with more teams.

Gotcha. You mean when we're literally in the clock at #33. I think everyone already understands that. What everyone else is talking about is that we're effectively "on the clock" as soon as the #32 pick is made even though it will be the next day before we are actually "on the clock".

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, frankw said:

If someone is offering us a first next year then yeah you heavily consider and likely take that. But that does seem like a bit of a too good to be true scenario.

I'm just not keen to buy into trading down in general after seeing the aftermath of Fitterer's wheeling and dealing. Just about everyone loved that poo at the time. Now his former best friend is our GM.

I'm more than okay with just taking whatever top talent is available at our respective picks if that's what we do.

This. People are underestimating the value of pick 33. That's a fugin first rounder basically. Somebody from the first round is going to fall to 33. Trading that away just for an extra mid-2nd next year is so damn stupid to me.

• Pie 3

3 hours ago, top dawg said:

All mock drafts are wrong, but they do give you a measure of insight. Here is Brendan Donahue's mock:

https://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/analysis/2024-nfl-mock-draft-brendan-donahue/

He is apparently more accurate than most and has us trading up to 21 to draft Brian Thomas. 

Seth Meyers Whatever GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Still about as useful as tits on a bull.

It’d be nice if all people rated as 1st round talent, panned out. If someone falls there is often a good reason. I am wary.  And please no more fuging trade ups into the first round. 

If there is any trading up, don’t use future picks.

13 hours ago, rodeo said:

This. People are underestimating the value of pick 33. That's a fugin first rounder basically. Somebody from the first round is going to fall to 33. Trading that away just for an extra mid-2nd next year is so damn stupid to me.

Yep.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1