• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

🚨Tony Pauline: Panthers interested in CB Mike Sainristril @33

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

If this is true, then I've already about to give up on Morgan.  Hopefully this is some sort of smoke screen. This would be a HORRIBLE pick at #33.

I love statements like this.  I'm just quoting you for the entertainment value of it. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

I love statements like this.  I'm just quoting you for the entertainment value of it. 

That's cool.  However, some...several actually, of the picks by this organization I did not like leading up to the draft in the past ended up proving me right.  TMJ, DJ Johnson and Mingo are recent examples I can point to.  I can elaborate more on players further back if you'd like.

Management owes it to Bryce to significantly upgrade the offense. Besides, they should want to know if Bryce can get it done when coupled with better offensive talent.  The offense can be MUCH better!

962510614_pff_mock_results(6).thumb.png.c3c312f98ec9b184533a16d3f54e8c47.png

Edited by Buckeye Homer
  • Pie 2

Giving this some thought after doing some research (watching TV all day and Googling stuff). This is not my opinion---repeat--this is not my opinion, but there is some logic behind this statement that makes it rather believable.  Here are some bulleted FACTS that support a decision to draft Sainristil in round 2: 

• Apparently, Sainristil is the best nickel CB in the draft. 
  • With the new offenses (According to Steve Smith) the slot or (F receiver as he called it) is playing a bigger role.  The nickel CB is now considered a starter because they are on the field most of the time.
  • Sainristil is an "alpha" or "dawg" at Michigan-considered to be a team leader if not the team leader.
  • He is considered a good tackler--important for a nickel.
  • He has experience playing some WR at Michigan (I did not know this--see the video below)
  • Right now, Troy Hill is listed as the starting nickel CB.  He will be 33 years old.  For the past three seasons, his PFF score has been just above 60 on average--serviceable, but at 33, you have lost a step.  We need 2 nickels.  The Panthers have (on paper) two starting CBs. 
  • If you are looking for players who will start or play a lot in 2024, Nickel CB could be the spot where you would get more bang for the buck.  A WR, OL, LB, or even outside CB may not see the field immediately.

Here are some supportive stuffs and picture proofs for those of you not two good with words:

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/football/michigan-football-mike-sainristil-pff-jim-harbaugh-wolverines-steve-clinkscale

image.thumb.png.ea3b4f2cb5a53ee7a169a0db6023656c.png

Edited by MHS831

On 4/21/2024 at 6:44 PM, electro's horse said:

That would be former coastal Carolina coach David Bennett. Of note, in the press conference he was possibly talking about Josh Norman. 

Good one. That guy was entertaining and he won. Until people started taking them seriously then he was a little overmatched. I loved him though. 

Edited by strato

Going out on a limb here---I would not frown if we drafted a player on day 2 who could make us nasty at nickel. Our defense requires a nickel who can come up and hit you.  Secondly, he could serve as an emergency WR should we ever need one--this could allow us to keep 5 WRs on the active roster, saving us a roster spot (not to suggest that we would do that, but still, he was not bad at WR). I would then allow Troy Hill to play behind all three positions and as the fourth CB if we go dime. 

I see the logic and, after reading more on the guy, he is a dawg (alpha) and he will play day 1.  If we grabbed a WR and CB round 2 with both expected to get PT early, I would get it.

• Beer 1

On 4/21/2024 at 8:00 PM, CPF4LIFE said:

Absolute safe bet picks.

JPJ and edgerrin cooper. 

That's my absolute DREAM scenario. I know everyone will flip if we don't take a WR in the 2nd round but both of those guys are legit All-Pro caliber prospects that would be core players on this team for the next 10+ years barring injury.

2nd: Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
2nd: Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M
3rd: Johnny Wilson, WR, Florida State
4th: Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin
5th: Mohamed Kamara, EDGE, Colorado State
5th: Ainias Smith, WR, Texas A&M
7th: M.J. Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

giphy.gif.8a33225246d86043c099536ec92a63db.gif

28 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

That's my absolute DREAM scenario. I know everyone will flip if we don't take a WR in the 2nd round but both of those guys are legit All-Pro caliber prospects that would be core players on this team for the next 10+ years barring injury.

2nd: Jackson Powers-Johnson, C, Oregon
2nd: Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M
3rd: Johnny Wilson, WR, Florida State
4th: Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin
5th: Mohamed Kamara, EDGE, Colorado State
5th: Ainias Smith, WR, Texas A&M
7th: M.J. Devonshire, CB, Pittsburgh

giphy.gif.8a33225246d86043c099536ec92a63db.gif

The JPJ and Cooper combo in the second round would be awesome

• Pie 1

draft a second round receiver or dont bother.

this team has enough of these softball lob type players at the position

make a meaningful investment there or just go into the season with what you have and draft guys where you can still get starter potential positions in the 3rd

Edited by Growl

On 4/15/2024 at 6:16 PM, Ricky Prickles said:

Is he pretty good I take it? Dont know anything about him personally. How is his durability?

People say he would be a better at nickel. It is a need but not at 33. If we going to take a CB it should be someone who is better across from Horn. Not a every down CB.

• Beer 1