• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It's about that little birdie time in a few days

1 hour ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Doesn't help that some people scare potential insiders away by being unnecessarily dickish and combative for no reason.

I always looked at it as take what is said with a grain of salt, but some people get aggro if things aren't 100% right all the time.

Some people just like to be upset or angry.  Unfortunately people with legit connections aren't going to sit here and keep giving it while the trolls are attacking...

• Pie 1

Back when I used to do cognitive assessment for the NFL Concussion Settlement, I used to hear all kinds of fun juicy tidbits from former players. Not typically draft related, but largely about players who were impressing coaches/trainers in offsite personal training sessions, or about players not so productive extracurricular activities.  

The thing is, people who have access to this information typically are not spreading it around on social media. Respect and trust is a two-way street. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

22 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

Charlie has called the last 7 Panthers first round picks correct, including us taking Horn when almost no one else even considered that. Obviously 33 is a bit different because there are 32 picks ahead and random variables with trades up, etc. But he has us taking Xavier Legette at 33. Which suggests the noise around the Panthers and Legette is real (unfortnuately)

Daniel Jeremiah doesn't have Legette in his top 50 players and Dane Brugler has him rated at his 13th WR and a 3rd round pick. Brugler had Mingo rated as a 3rd last year as well 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Daniel Jeremiah doesn't have Legette in his top 50 players and Dane Brugler has him rated at his 13th WR and a 3rd round pick. Brugler had Mingo rated as a 3rd last year as well 

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

• Pie 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

I mean, you can't hate Kiper and love Jeremiah. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/amp/how_did_they_do_grading_mock_drafts_from_four_of_the_top_experts/s1_13132_38765511

I mean, come on. Jeremiah had John Ross as #27 in his top 50. He had Corey Davis and Mike Williams as his top two receivers. Cooper Kupp was his 14th rated receiver in the same draft.

Jeremiah didn't even have Mahomes in his top 50. 

Come on, man.

Edit: And, BTW, most scouts had Mingo rated as a 3rd, so that's not really saying anything. Hell, I was surprised when we picked him so high myself, as were many. Fitterer over-drafted him.

Edited by top dawg
  • Beer 2

I don't think the posters here with claimed sources are as fragile as suggested. The responses here are certainly no worse than twitter. And the trolling with false information and breaking stories that turn out to be untrue just to get some attention that has become the norm in social media sports circles certainly hasn't helped. It's just the nature of the internet people have to take it or leave it.

2 hours ago, strato said:

We are shut out of the first day, small potatoes. No one is talking to or about us.

Bet we hear a lot overnight and all day Friday.

Pretty much this. Not much to leak when you don’t pick until 33. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1