• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is no one considering double dip at WR?

In a all-time historic loaded wr class and us bare minimum passable at the position I can't say i have heard enough talk about this possibility. I would be ecstatic if say adandai mitchell is there and then say ladd or keon coleman or worthy and or Leggett are there at 39. who are we to say no we need a guard or center when we already have a plan in place for that.

Edited by micnificent28
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

The more I think about it, I would not be surprised to see them draft Legette (WR) and Saintrisil (CB) in round 2.  I would think they will go after a LB in round 3.  After that, I expect a slot WR at 101.  A RB and maybe a C in the fifth round. 

I saw NFL Network interview Jackson Powell Johnson (C) from Oregon--and if a player like him is there, we take the C and the CB in round 2.  (After doing some thinking, I think there is something to the Panthers taking Saintrisil to start at Nickel with pick 33.  They do not want him falling to 37 for his former coach to pick...I hated the idea when I heard it, but I get it.  I never would have considered it, but I understand the pick in terms of a dawg on D and and a player who starts (at nickel) day 1.   I am not sold on Legette--are they giving the X job to Johnson and want some competition for Mingo at the Z position?  Gonna be drama.

• Pie 1

Because we have holes at several positions. 

- CB is a poo show if/when Horn goes down 

- C is a huge problem If Corbett  goes down or is simply not good at playing center.

- Edge we have Clowney who is decent on a good year. Otherwise bunch of JAGs at Edge rusher 

- RB/TE: Not huge needs but we have no one at either position to write home about by any means. Particularly need a good power runner to convert short yardage, that's been an issue with this team since Cam and Jstew left.

Its also a deep WR class you can get good WRs well into R3 and R4 most likely. And maybe a some sleepers in R5. 

Edited by Hoenheim
  • Pie 4
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

18 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

WR is not our only weakness. 

It’s really the only one that matters. No raw 2nd round edge rusher is going to do much in the grand scheme of things for us. CB? Sign Gilmore if it’s that big of a deal

This organization needs to find out what they have in Bryce this season. They absolutely should be double dipping at WR. If Bryce ain’t it then at least the next guy has a fighting chance 

This is an offensive league. You’re never going to have a complete team. You’re always going to have a weakness. Every year the league changes rules in hopes of more points being scored. Our offense was downright awful last year and people still want to spend picks on defense… I don’t get it. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

It’s really the only one that matters. No raw 2nd round edge rusher is going to do much in the grand scheme of things for us. CB? Sign Gilmore if it’s that big of a deal

This organization needs to find out what they have in Bryce this season. They absolutely should be double dipping at WR. If Bryce ain’t it then at least the next guy has a fighting chance 

This is an offensive league. You’re never going to have a complete team. You’re always going to have a weakness. Every year the league changes rules in hopes of more points being scored. Our offense was downright awful last year and people still want to spend picks on defense… I don’t get it. 

my thoughts exactly.

2 minutes ago, Hoenheim said:

Because we have holes at several positions. 

- CB is a poo show if/when Horn goes down 

- C is a huge problem If Corbett  goes down or is simply not good at playing center.

- Edge we have Clowney who is decent on a good year. Otherwise bunch of JAGs at Edge rusher 

- RB/TE: Not huge needs but we have no one at either position to write home about by any means. Particularly need a good power runner to convert short yardage, that's been an issue with this team since Cam and Jstew left.

Its also a deep WR class you can get good WRs well into R3 and R4 most likely. And maybe a some sleepers in R5. 

our linebacker group is the weakest that I can ever remember

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

our linebacker group is the weakest that I can ever remember

Is that excluding the Edge rushers who are also technically LBs in the 3/4? 

If that's the case then I guess so. Jewell and Shaq seem decent enough but not great. Idk who their backups are.

I’ve been begging for the WR double dip since before the combine.  Since we before we even had two 2nds. 

we should make this an offensive skill position draft class.

Double dip at WR to kick off the draft.  Edge in the 3rd.  Get a TE and pass catching RB in 4 and 5.

rent Gilmore at DB and rent a backup vet C in FA

• Pie 4