• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why is no one considering double dip at WR?

4 minutes ago, rayzor said:

no one in that room is good enough reason for us not to draft 2 good WRs from this class who could be long term contributors.

In order to get what you are saying the double dip need to be two of the first three picks.  You can't count on late round guys.  Again, if the board says another WR is the BPA, then I'm all for it.  I don't want to reach just so the WR room can be deeper--rather have more bodies.  Especially when a guy at another position is ranked higher on our board.

Certainly we can and we probably will but that doesn't mean we take one at 33 and 39.

Center is also a huge looming need.

And if I'm just being honest here. I feel it's a high probability that either rookie will receive the same flack Mingo has because they aren't able to elevate the arm talent or lack thereof from Bryce Young.

At the end of the day we could have Justin Jefferson and our offense would still struggle to score points if our "franchise" QB has no deep passing ability.

Just saw a trade proposal of 2X 5th round picks for Courtland Sutton - I would do that in a heartbeat and put all this WR discussion to bed.  I would still consider a WR in the 2nd round depending who is there and what is offered to move down, but it no longer becomes need #1.

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

one thing to consider, though, is that there are going to be more good WRs coming out in the draft next year and we'll keep seeing good ones. 

including this guy....

he didn’t do anything this past season and I don’t care I still want him on the team 

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

In order to get what you are saying the double dip need to be two of the first three picks.  You can't count on late round guys.  Again, if the board says another WR is the BPA, then I'm all for it.  I don't want to reach just so the WR room can be deeper--rather have more bodies.  Especially when a guy at another position is ranked higher on our board.

James Earl Jones Yes GIF

Kaye gets you two in his final mock

PANTHERS 7-ROUND MOCK DRAFT HAUL

Second round (33rd overall pick): Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
Trade with Packers: CAR trades the 39th overall pick (via NYG) to GB for 41st (via NYJ) and 126th overall picks.
Second round (41st overall pick via GB from NYJ): Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M
Third round (65th overall pick): Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State
Fourth round (101st overall): Kris Abrams-Draine, CB, Missouri
Fourth round (126th overall via GB): Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin
Fifth round (141st overall via NYG): Brenden Rice, WR, Southern California
Fifth round (142nd overall via TEN): Beaux Limmer, C, Arkansas
Seventh round (240th overall pick via PIT): Evan Anderson, NT, Florida Atlantic

Profile Image of Mike Kaye

• Beer 1

Brugler reported this morning on the AFS that some, not all, but some teams have medicals flagged for Brian Thomas Jr.  There's a chance he's not WR4.  Could he be in striking range mid-20s? I know some here hate the idea of any trade, but if he drops, our name could pop on the TV tomorrow night.   

5 minutes ago, Mistuh Jones said:

yeah not into the idea of double dipping when we have ONE guy to cover everyone else's receivers. CB is JUST as big a need as WR for chrissakes

zooming out though? 

We had THE worst offense in the NFL.  Improving on the O is a bigger need than improving on the D.  And you have legit D coach in Carolina that likely can do more via scheme than reliance on individuals.  We don't have the same type proven coaching in the O side. 

• Beer 1

54 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Kaye gets you two in his final mock

PANTHERS 7-ROUND MOCK DRAFT HAUL

Second round (33rd overall pick): Xavier Worthy, WR, Texas
Trade with Packers: CAR trades the 39th overall pick (via NYG) to GB for 41st (via NYJ) and 126th overall picks.
Second round (41st overall pick via GB from NYJ): Edgerrin Cooper, LB, Texas A&M
Third round (65th overall pick): Ben Sinnott, TE, Kansas State
Fourth round (101st overall): Kris Abrams-Draine, CB, Missouri
Fourth round (126th overall via GB): Braelon Allen, RB, Wisconsin
Fifth round (141st overall via NYG): Brenden Rice, WR, Southern California
Fifth round (142nd overall via TEN): Beaux Limmer, C, Arkansas
Seventh round (240th overall pick via PIT): Evan Anderson, NT, Florida Atlantic

Profile Image of Mike Kaye

Seems close to what players Caroline been visiting with