• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2024 NFL Draft - Round 1

Just now, Shocker said:

I felt like this was a strange pick…Mayer must have been underwhelming 

BPA.  Plus, TEs usually take a couple of years to develop.  Remember the Bears gave up on Olsen pretty quickly.  We are glad they did.

• Pie 2

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

They might go all Olsen/Shockey.

As a huge Gardner Minshew fan I'd love that for him. He might finally get a shot to lock down a starting QB job. 

• Pie 1

Just now, raleigh-panther said:

I know but, as was said ‘if you have conviction’ 😂    That’s how we have young.

that ‘conviction’ word 

as we see all QBs off the board 

eye of the beholder….

Scott Fitterer needs to be convicted of fuging over this franchise.

I just hope it really was him. My suspicion is that it was always Tepper.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

5 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

With no defensive player worth taking at 8 and probably no trade down offer I can respect that they stuck to their guns and took the guy the must believe in. Kirk while being paid very highly will be a 36 year old QB coming off an Achilles tear so there's no guarantee he will hold up. Also, it's not like Kirk is just some elite QB he in my view is a very productive QB who has an elite agent who keeps getting him these mega deals. Kirk is also awful in primetime and hasn't won a playoff game since 2020. 

The Vikings traded up 2 picks later, I'm quite sure if they would have called the Vikings, they could have moved back 3 picks to get more assets and then likely still gotten Pennix (think the Vikings always wanted JJ anyways), taken someone else, or traded back again.

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Guys, I think the Falcon was a head scratcher. But, they've got Penix for 5 years if they pick up the option. Maybe ATL feels Cousins only has 2-3 top years left and when they move on they'll have a potential franchise guy on the roster to take over with 2 -3 left on his rookie deal.

Let's forget the GB selected Aaron Rodgers when Favre was still playing at a high level and let him sit for 3 seasons.

I'm not ripping them for drafting "a" QB, but for drafting the QB they did. Penix is no Rodgers as a prospect, not even close.

Just now, CmC2k said:

As a huge Gardner Minshew fan I'd love that for him. He might finally get a shot to lock down a starting QB job. 

He's one of those good backup/marginal starter types. It could work. He doesn't have a good NFL arm. That's his big knock. But he's a gamer. So go get him some matchup problems.

• Beer 1